Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Data Science Spring and & Summer College Intern
[[title]] in [[location]]
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be working with the Gulfstreams Data Science team to develop predictive analytic models. This internship provides an opportunity to interface with many different departments across the enterprise.
Primary duties will include getting and cleaning data (data wrangling) from a variety of different sources; assembling disparate datasets into a tidy format that can be easily used for analytics and visualizations.
1. Data wrangling, getting and cleaning data: converting unorganized data into a tidy format.
2. Data visualizations: build explanatory data products using best in class tools such as R and ggplot.
3. Predictive analytics: use tidy datasets to build machine learning algorithms.
Education and Experience Requirements:
1. Currently enrolled in a graduate program for computer science, data science, statistics, or related field.
2. The candidate must have experience with data wrangling, machine learning, big data analytics, and statistical analysis.
3. Experience with data science technologies required.
4. Must have a 3.0 cumulative gpa or higher at the time of application, and it must be noted on the resume submitted.
5. Must be able to work at least 20 hours per week.
6. Must have reliable transportation to and from work for the duration of the internship.
1. Experience with R and Python preferred.
2. Statistical and data analysis preferred.
3. Ability to be a self-starter, motivated to figure out resolutions to complex problems
4. Candidate will be working in a team environment and will need to have the ability to jump in an be a part of the team
5. Ability to create and maintain detailed documentation.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Number of Openings: [[numberOpenings]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the worlds most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Data Science Spring and and Summer College Intern job at Gulfstream Aerospace
Apply for this Data Science Spring and & Summer College Intern position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.