Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
[[extPosition Title:]] in [[location]]
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or technology related field. At least one of the following industry certifications preferred: MCSA/MCSE/MCTIP-SA or VMware VCP and similar certifications desired preferred. Seven (7) years’ experience providing Windows server administration support and configuration support required.
Provide Sr. Windows Server Administration support on Windows Server 2003/2008R2/ 2012R2 and work with Windows Administration team to build and resolve server issues in a virtualized environment
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Install Windows server OS and applications, daily system maintenance, applications integration, upgrades on Windows systems in a VMware virtualized environment 2. Will work closely with network, application, and middleware teams to support Windows based product installations, customizations, and deployments 3. Perform Active Directory Services administration and management to include design, cleanup and routine maintenance and configuration 4. Develop or lead oversight of update, documentation and management of GPOs across 5. Develop and maintain user and technical documentation 6. Create administrator and service accounts, maintain system documentation, tune system performance, and install enterprise wide software 7. Monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources 8. Provide Windows support including software updates and upgrades, backup and recovery, performance management and capacity planning for the Windows environment 9. Collects and assesses information from the user community in software and hardware problem resolution 10. Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service 11. Reduce errors working with the other Windows administrators through process improvement and root cause analysis 12. Keeps up to date with current trends and be prepared to help make recommendations 13. Produces support documentation on demand and periodically with the Manager of Infrastructure Services and others.
14. Help tune performance and ensure high availability of server infrastructure 15. Assist developing and maintaining configuration management solutions 16. Assist developing test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the Linux/ Unix team 17. Utilizes performance tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure 18. Drive to meet or exceed organizational goals for quality, cost per contact, customer satisfaction, first contact resolution and service availability 19. Demonstrate strong customer service skills to provide onsite technical support focusing on strong listening skills to gain an accurate understanding of the situation, displaying a sense of urgency to resolve customer issues Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
2. Experience with GPO creation and maintenance.
3. Hands on experience with VMware ESX, ESXi/vSphere, vCenter, vMotion, DRS, and additional virtualization technologies and concepts.
4. Proven Windows systems administration skills in a mission support environment.
5. Understanding of enterprise storage technology to interface with the storage administration group. 6. In depth experience and knowledge of Active Directory, Hyper-V, VMware, IIS, MS SQL, WSUS and AD Group Policy.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Languages Required (in addition to English): [[cusLanguage]]
Requisition Number: [[id]]
Percentage of Travel: [[custravRequired]]
Employment Type: [[filter2]]
Gulfstream does not provide work visa sponsorship for this position, unless the applicant is a currently sponsored Gulfstream employee.
Legal Information | Site Utilities | Contacts | Sitemap
Copyright © 2014 Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation. All Rights Reserved. A General Dynamics Company.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of General Dynamics (NYSE: GD), designs, develops, manufactures, markets, services and supports the world's most technologically-advanced business jet aircraft
Please sign in to apply for this job.