Avionics Technician Urgent
- Ashland, Virginia
- Hourly $25.00
- Job ID
Avionics Technician job at HOVA Flight Services in Ashland VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Avionics Technician is responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance, repairs, and alterations on aircraft avionics components and electrical systems in accordance with manufacturer specifications and FAA guidelines. This may include the fabrication of wire harnesses, removal of wiring and equipment from aircraft, troubleshooting and repair of electrical systems, and the installation of avionics equipment under the supervision of the Avionics Manager.
The duties and responsibilities consist of and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Tests, inspects, troubleshoots and repairs aircraft communications components, navigation components, weather radar, autopilot, compass systems, and accessories according to manufacturer specifications.
- Fabricates, solders, routes, and installs wiring assemblies and electrical components.
- Performs final system setup and calibration of newly installed equipment using manufacturer data and standard avionics test equipment.
- Responsible for documenting part numbers and serial numbers of equipment.
- Assures repairs/alterations to parts/components are accomplished in an airworthy fashion.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s instructions, operator’s general maintenance manuals, and other approved data.
- Ensure parts removed from aircraft or parts thereof are correctly tagged and preserved.
- Ensures entries on Repair Station forms and documents are complete and correct.
- Assists co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Uses all mandated safety equipment and complies with all safety requirements in accordance with company and government regulations and guidelines.
- All other duties as assigned by the employer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to follow the methods and procedures used by the Repair Station in compliance with all applicable manufacturers’ maintenance specifications and recommendations and the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the policies and procedures described in the Repair Station Manual and the Quality Control Manual, and the FAR relating to maintenance and alteration of aviation products and appliances.
- Component level knowledge of electronics.
- Knowledge of aircraft electronics and systems.
- Knowledge of common avionics test equipment.
- Knowledge of commonly used hand tools associated with avionics installation and repair.
- Understanding of pitot/static systems.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- FCC General Radiotelephone License or A & P License preferred
- Two-year degree or certificate from an accredited two-year college, university, or technical school in avionics maintenance or a related field, equivalent military training, or two years of related experience in the field of avionics bench-level maintenance.
- Experience with general aviation avionics installation/repair.
- Experience with sheet metal repair and fabrication.
- Must have adequate tools to perform needed tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- A & P (Preferred)
- FCC license (Preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Employees are regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
- Light to moderate lifting is required.
- Must be able to climb and use a ladder, work stands, platforms and lift equipment.
- Work within a confined workspace(s).
- Operation based in Ashland, VA at Hanover County Municipal Airport
- There is no ability to work from home.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position. Salary negotiable dependent upon experience.
HOVA Flight Services Company Overview
Heart Of Virginia Aviation Inc (HOVA) has been a family-owned, full-service, Fixed Based Operator since 1992 with locations in Virginia and Florida. Our principal business has been based at the Hanover County Airport since June 2004. We have FAA approvals for Part 135, Part 141, and Part 145 (limited Repair Station – Avionics); we are the flight training affiliate for Liberty University’s online aviation degree in the Richmond area; we are fully VA-approved for eight courses and we are dealers for most of the major avionics manufacturers including Garmin. We are one of the busiest schools offering multi- engine add-ons in the country attracting customers from everywhere in the US, including places like Alaska, California, Hawaii, Florida, Texas, etc. We specialize in a full range of accelerated courses from Sport Pilot through ATP completion and frequently pick up customers who have been at multiple other flight schools without completion. Our avionics business has been expanding at a rapid rate and we are in the process of adding an additional 15,000 square foot hangar on the east side of the field to expand our offerings to corporate customers. With a brand new terminal planned for completion in the next two years this will open up additional space for the flight school and maintenance. We recently completed a paint shop development at our Winter Haven, Florida location. We try and put ourselves in the shoes of our customers to get the job completed safely, on time, and on budget. Our employees are our strength and come from a wide variety of backgrounds with many of them having served their country with dedication and pride. While growth is important, we never want to lose the personal relationship that, as a small business, we have been able to develop over multiple decades.