Spec Design Featured
- Ashburn, Virginia
- Job ID
Spec Design job at Harris in Ashburn VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values dedication to our communities and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air land sea space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue 50000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Specialist Design Engineer (Mechanical)
Job Location: Ashburn VA
This role will be part of a team that is designing the next-generation of unmanned aircraft systems. As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will assist with the creation of the technical data packages (TDP) required to document and build our products. Our products make a difference by providing American warfighters with the technology that they need and we consider it our duty to bring this technology to market very quickly and on budget. We work on fast-paced challenging product designs including complete aircraft structures sensor systems electromechanical miniaturization and ground support equipment. If this sounds like the type of environment in which you would excel then we want you on our team!
The Advanced Systems and Technologies (AS&T) division of L3Harris has an immediate opening within the Mechanical Engineering department for someone with a solid background in designing complex parts and assemblies in a 3D CAD environment.
- Provide creative high-performance cost-effective solutions to mechanical design problems
- Develop design concepts for components and assemblies
- Perform component and assembly 3D CAD modeling
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) in accordance with ASME Y14.5 to create well-defined product definition
- Perform tolerance analysis
- Participate in initial integration of electro-mechanical systems
- Assist with drawing quality monitoring efforts
- Use Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to perform common release and change functions
- Complete tasking expediently and with very minimal oversight
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a US Citizen
- The ability to obtain and maintain a clearance is required
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 4 years of prior relevant or experience or 2 years post-Secondary/Associates Degree with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- Experience with GD&T.
- Good understanding of Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Experience with developing new products within a defined schedule is required.
- Familiarity with various types of manufacturing methods (milling turning additive casting stamping etc.) are also expected in this role.
- Familiarity with the principles of Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Strong understanding of most manufacturing techniques
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Highly skilled in 3D CAD modeling software PTC Creo preferred
- A BS in Engineering or a related technical field.
- Secret Clearance desired but not required
- Excellent problem solving skills and creativity
- Excellent people skills to include collaborating in a multi-disciplinary diverse and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written verbal and presentation)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender (including pregnancy childbirth breastfeeding or other related medical conditions) gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks where permitted by law.
Harris Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.