Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Product project Engrg 5
Palm Bay, FL
Product/Project Engrg 5 11/13/17EngineeringUSA - FL - Palm Bay
Job ID: SIS20171311-21938
Job Title: Product/Project Engineering
The person filling this position will lead manufacturing related activities on programs and prototypes for avionics and space applications. Designs modifies and evaluates a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production and release. Serves as the central resource with design process manufacturing test quality and marketing as the product(s) move to completion and distribution. Plans and manages schedules and budgets. Monitors the product/project from initiation through completion and/or customer acceptance. Organizes the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the product/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Ensures that products/projects delivered meet customer requirements and specifications. The type of hardware produced at this Harris location is often complex containing circuit card assemblies (CCAs) microelectronic assemblies chassis assemblies cable harnesses and higher level system assemblies.
• Interfacing with design engineers to ensure hardware producibility developing build strategies
• Planning and requesting manpower/equipment/process resources
• Generating assembly documentation and directing support personnel in the day-to-day execution of the manufacturing tasks
• Candidate will assist with high visibility manufacturing efforts with formal cost and schedule responsibilities and direct customer interface
• Support process improvement initiatives of technical and operational nature
• Design and develop manufacturing and engineering tools strategies and systems
• Plan and support the build and modification of electronics systems including procurement support assembly method/work instructions generation tooling design support material/process development facilities/equipment planning resolution of manufacturing quality and reliability issues and hands-on work in the areas of development in-process inspection and troubleshooting
• Estimate manufacturing costs determine time standards and make recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines
• Support the root cause and corrective action process
• Actively pursue and develop new business opportunities
• Bachelors Degree in mechanical electrical aerospace or industrial engineering with minimum of 20 years’ industry experience
• A minimum of 20 years of hands-on experience with high reliability electronic assembly processes for SMT CCAs as well as microelectronic assembly processes for MCMs and Hybrids (i.e. die attach wire bonding epoxy dispensing hermetic sealing etc.)
• A minimum of 20 years of experience in applying best practice FMEA/DFMA/DTC methodologies
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Background in the manufacturing of electronics for high reliability military and government systems is preferred
• Background in the development/LRIP manufacturing efforts is preferred
• Background in developing manufacturing processes and transferring such to production is preferred
• Understand use of design tolerances and GD&T and how to implement in tooling and processes
• Standard use of MES PDM and MRP is preferred
• Demonstrated use of 3D PTC Creo software is a plus
• Knowledge of MIL/ IPC workmanship and performance standards related to electronic assemblies (Mil-Std 883 Mil-Perf-38534 IPC-610 etc.) is a plus
• Good communication skills including the ability to deliver effective presentations to peers management and customers are preferred
• Demonstrated ability to find root cause of manufacturing process problems workmanship defects mechanical test failures etc. is preferred
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race color religion age national origin ancestry ethnicity gender gender identity gender expression sexual orientation marital status veteran status disability genetic information citizenship status or membership in any other group protected by federal state or local law.
Job Profile Matching Criteria:
LocationUSA - FL - Palm Bay
Product project Engrg 5 job at Harris
Apply for this Product project Engrg 5 position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.