Senior Analyst Operations Analytics Hot
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Job ID
Senior Analyst Operations Analytics job at Hawaiian Airlines in Honolulu HI
Description, duties, responsibilities
At Hawaiian Airlines we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha and taking care of our people our home and the communities we serve. Join our ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kamaina and introducing our islands to the world!
This role will assist with managing and leveraging operational data to better understand predict forecast and improve operations and aircraft performance. The role will use data to provide broad analytical support across the Ops organization and to deliver business insights and actionable recommendations for Executive decision-making and implementation. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the analysis of aircraft maintenance costs and building advanced financial models to understand current and future costs.
- Identify key variables affecting both operational performance and aircraft maintenance costs working with business owners and IT to ensure that processes and systems are in place to satisfy operational data requirements
- Assist with vetting and cleaning collected data ensuring data is both valid and consistent across sources
- Use advanced business intelligence and quantitative tools and techniques to proactively identify trends and patterns using the data captured
- Create models and conduct simulations of past and/or planned changes to operations as well as aircraft maintenance costs aimed at identifying and explaining key business drivers and improvement opportunities
- Develop and test hypotheses to help identify root causes of adverse operational and aircraft maintenance trends
- Collaborate with IT to create manage enhance and streamline report processes including self-service dashboards critical for monitoring and improving operational performance as well as aircraft maintenance costs
- Present findings periodically in format suitable for executive decision-making
- Collaborate with all Operations and Maintenance groups and Continuous Improvement resources supporting each group to share data findings and insights and to brainstorm corrective actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- 5 years experience in Business Engineering Statistics Industrial Engineering or Operations Research
- Experience working with large amounts of data
- Working knowledge of SQL and VBA
- Strong proficiency in Excel Access and PowerPoint
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated detail-oriented team player with strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to create technical reports and impactful presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree in Engineering Applied Mathematics Statistics Operations Research Economics or equivalent discipline
- 5+ Years experience in airlines aviation or operations research
- Experience in statistical analysis application(s)
- Experience in business intelligence and data visualization tool(s)
About Hawaiian Airlines
Hawaiian has led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for each of the past 16 years (2004-2019) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Consumer surveys by Cond Nast Traveler Travel + Leisure and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaii.
Now in its 92nd year of continuous service Hawaiian is Hawaiis biggest and longest-serving airline. In 2019 Hawaiian offered nonstop flights between Hawaii and more U.S. gateway cities (13) than any other airline along with service connecting the islands with Japan South Korea Australia New Zealand American Samoa and Tahiti. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic Hawaiian is offering an adjusted schedule of daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands and between Hawaii and the U.S. mainland as well as Japan.
The airline is committed to the health and safety of its guests and employees and has reinforced enhanced cleaning procedures across its business. While the experience may be a little different the authentic Hawaiian hospitality remains unchanged. Additional details on how Hawaiian is keeping guests and employees safe can be found at HawaiianAirlines.com/KeepingYouSafe.
Hawaiian Airlines Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiians Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir) become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines) and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates follow Hawaiians LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries please visit Hawaiian Airlines online newsroom.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
- Contact Us
- Help Center
- All Fees
- Guests with Disabilities
- Contract of Carriage
- Customer Service Plan
- Tarmac Delay Plan
- Investor Relations
- Shop Our Store
Visit us on Facebook Visit us on Twitter Visit us on YouTube
Hawaiian Airlines. All Rights Reserved
Hawaiian Airlines Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.