Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
The Quality group within Hitchiner Manufacturing has an immediate opening for a Quality Engineer. The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist manager, engineers, Black Belts, and Green Belts, in all six-sigma endeavors, including corrective actions.
- Perform final product source inspection and maintain records as mandated by customer quality requirements.
- Perform internal audit dock audits and maintain records as mandated by customer quality requirements.
- Perform internal manufacturing and inspection procedural audits and external supplier product and facility audits as assigned to assure adequate control.
- Work with Engineering, Manufacturing and Inspection to minimize scrap and rework through effective problem identification, communication and problem solving.
- Review and evaluate purchase orders, drawings, minor engineering changes and/or other specifications to define product quality requirements.
- Establish operating equipment specifications, improving manufacturing techniques and introducing new process equipment to production.
- Establish incoming inspection requirements as assigned and assure corrective action to resolve problems with purchased material.
- Perform technical liaison function with production planning and engineering personnel.
- Perform APQP, PFMEA, Flow Diagram, Control Plan and SPC activities, including interface with customers as requested.
- Review reported first article inspection results, prepare MRB approval paperwork as appropriate and discuss with customer as required to obtain approval.
- Perform Measurement System Analysis, capability studies (preferably using Minitab), Design of Experiments, in evaluating first article inspection results
- Develop internal manufacturing and receiving inspections to ensure a high level of performance from suppliers and/or subcontractors.
- Perform actions define by customers to complete product manufacturing documentation and prepare paperwork to obtain customer approval as required (PPAP).
- Must have a working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO/TS16949 and AS9100 as applicable.
- Perform internal audits per ISO/TS16949 and AS9100 quality standards (system and manufacturing process audits, layered process audit …) as applicable.
- Review nonconforming material (independent or in conjunction with engineering) to determine rework, request for deviation or scrap is the most appropriate course of action.
- Initiate and/or investigate corrective action on problems arising in the manufacture of products using problem solving disciplines (8D discipline preferred).
- Make recommendations to product engineering to improve quality of products and/or process.
- Perform industrial engineering assignments of a medium degree of complexity, involving the application of engineering principles to perform analysis and evaluation in support of plant engineering activities. Prepare plans and specifications for equipment, test equipment and tooling. Conduct analysis of methods and time standards. Evaluate findings and prepare reports, graphs, charts and data reflecting the results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Must be capable of delivering on commitments in a timely and efficient manner.
- May lead specific and targeted product and/or process improvement efforts.
- May be involved in training and developing less experienced technical personnel.
- Observe the Hitchiner code of conduct, safety and quality principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and orderly working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- 2-7 years or equivalent knowledge / experience
- Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills
- Computer literacy is a must, including competency in general MS Office applications, technical computer modeling and statistical tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visit us for a current list of available positions and additional application instructions at www.hitchiner.com and please reference Avjobs when applying.
This Job Report is to be considered - Newsworthy Aviation Employment Information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the Job Report Network. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this company's web site for additional details and information.
Quality Engineer job at Hitchiner Manufacturing
Apply for this Quality Engineer position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.
Over 118,780 Aviation Career Opportunities
Enjoy a sneak peak of the most recent aviation jobs listed in the Avjobs Applicant System. Avjobs has over 118,780
aviation jobs available. 112,696 new jobs have been posted in the last 30 days.
Sign in to view jobs in your area.