Quality Inspector Urgent
- Amarillo, Texas
- Job ID
Quality Inspector job at International Aerospace Coatings in Amarillo TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Quality Control Inspector ensures that all inspections and maintenance to aircraft meet applicable CFRs, customer requirements and the provisions of the Repair Station Manual prior to accepting completed tasks as airworthy and providing a return to service certification. This individual is required to make decisions when necessary with regard to airworthiness of aircraft and determining that work being performed and material used conform to the CFRs, Repair Station Manual and other approved established standards.
- Perform receiving, preliminary, in-process, hidden damage and final inspections.
- Verify completion of all work orders and sign airworthiness release.
- Ensure that work is accomplished per established inspection procedures.
- Ensure that all aircraft maintenance meets FAA, customer, company and/or manufacturers specifications.
- Ensure that inspection items are complied with properly and all necessary forms are completed.
- Ensure that parts tags are filled out properly and the proper tag is attached to the part(s) as required.
- Maintain a thorough familiarity with the content of the company Repair Station Manual and all subsequent revisions.
- Provide initial and recurrent training to site employees
- Remain cognizant of applicable CFRs, most notably Part 145, 121, 65 and Part 43
- Review inspection forms and paperwork for proper completion.
- Perform quality assurance audits.
- Perform routine surveillance of in-process work.
- Assist Records Supervisor with controlling and auditing work orders.
- Must be able to meet production schedule and quality standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- 1- 3 years’ experience in the Aviation quality or inspection area.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) College degree preferred.
- Must have valid and current FAA A&P Certificate.
- Prior experience as an instructor or hands on involvement with the maintenance of a training program preferred.
- Must be able to wear full face respirators, coveralls and fall restraint equipment.
- Must be able to work at heights up to 50ft.
- Must be able to comply with DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements
- Must be able to read, write & speak English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Most possess a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including knowledge proficiency with MS Office suite, to include Excel and Outlook.
- Work experience and/or understanding of Lean Production, TQM, and/or Six Sigma work environment strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with MS SharePoint.
International Aerospace Coatings Company Overview
International Aerospace Coatings (IAC) is the worlds leading aviation specialist painting company. We work with International airlines, private operators and aviation leasing companies across the globe to provide tailor made aircraft painting, interior refurbishment and graphic solutions that ensure regulatory compliance globally. We currently run 16 sites, 6 of which have wide body aircraft capacity and each year we paint over 1000 aircraft across our facilities. Our European headquarters are based at Shannon Airport, County Clare, Ireland, with our US headquarters located in Spokane, Washington. Please feel free to review more information regarding IAC at http://www.aic.aero.