Credit And Collection Manager Featured
- Chicago, Illinois
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Credit And Collection Manager job at Jet Support Services Inc in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Jet Support Services, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified Credit and Collection Manager to be based at our Chicago corporate headquarters.
Please Apply Directly:
Founded in 1989, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI) is the world's largest independent provider of hourly cost maintenance programs for aircraft engines and airframes. JSSI provides its clients with comprehensive, flexible, and affordable financial tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including jets, turbo-props, and helicopters. JSSI serves clients around the world by managing maintenance services through its international network of technical advisers.
JSSI has always been deeply committed to providing its clients with the highest standard of service and excellence. Our management team is adding further value by developing innovative products and services and expanding into additional markets.
- Assign work responsibility for investigating and verifying financial status and reputation of prospective customers.
- Assign responsibility for investigation and collection for delinquent amounts, up to, and including, termination of contracts and use of outside collection agencies and/or legal counsel to secure payment.
- Provide daily direction and communication to team.
- Direct team to enforce terms of contracts and compliance as it relates to reporting and payments.
- Produce timely reports that allow management to understand the collection results including trends and areas of concerned.
- Respond and work to resolve customer (internal and external) issues.
- Strive to mentor and motivate team to produce quality results.
- Ensure team is trained and current on job skills and knowledge.
- Coordinate all activities with outside collection agencies and/or legal counsel.
- Provide routine AR maintenance reviews-write offs eligibility, cash application and
- Supervise and assist in cash application duties and credit card processing.
- Review and approve payment plans, payment terms, and Promissory Notes.
- Responsibilities also include interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Position: Credit and Collection Manager
Reports to: Vice President of Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- 5 – 10 years of collections experience with at least 2 years at a supervisory level
- Ability to work and train others
- General accounting knowledge
- High accuracy level
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great customer service attitude and the ability to work with a variety of people
- Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred
Working Environment and Conditions:
Work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in this job is usually moderate.
Jet Support Services Inc Company Overview
For nearly 30 years, Jet Support Services, Inc. (JSSI), has been the leading independent provider of maintenance programs to the aviation industry, covering virtually all makes and models of aircraft, engines, and APUs. JSSI provides its customers with comprehensive, flexible and affordable financial programs and tools for managing the often unpredictable costs of operating and maintaining nearly all types of turbine-powered aircraft, including business and commercial jets, turboprops and helicopters. As the creator of the revolutionary Tip-to-Tail® Program, JSSI is the only single source provider of this trademarked service. JSSI serves customers globally and manages maintenance services through its worldwide infrastructure of certified Technical Advisors.