Quality Inspection Technician Hot
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- Job ID
Quality Inspection Technician job at KBR in Mishawaka IN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Quality Inspection Technician (FAA/Metrology)
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land air sea space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense intelligence community NASA and other federal agencies. KBRs areas of expertise include engineering logistics operations science program management mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive efficient and fascinating place. And thats only the beginning.
- Tests calibrates and repairs electrical electromechanical and electronic measuring recording and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards and assists in formulating calibration standards.
- Utilizes blueprints schematics engineering bulletins and other documentation to isolate malfunctions to the lowest level with a high rate of accuracy.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test evaluate and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Promotes a safety culture within the work area through continuous improvement and RCCA activities.
- Assists in and becomes involved with improving technical processes and products in own work group.
- Models appropriate Health Safety and Environmental behaviors and actions in support of the HSEMS system including the proper use of PPE (Personal Preventative Equipment).
- Impacts business opportunities through successful completion of tasks and projects and through suggestions for improvement in products and processes.
- Perform inspection and monitoring of project activities.
- Perform sampling and testing activities.
- Document inspections conducted: monitoring sampling and testing activities.
- Inspect incoming materials by confirming specifications conduct visual and measurement inspections reject and return unacceptable materials.
- Inspect in-process production by confirming specifications and conduct visual and measurement inspections.
- Inspect finished products by confirming specifications conduct visual and measurement inspections return products for re-work confirm re-work.
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs summarize re-work and waste input data into quality database.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures comply with regulations.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- High school diploma or equivalent with applicable technical training and 3 years of directly related experience in one of the following areas;
- Current or former FAA designee (DMIR DAR other ODA UM)
- FAA Manufacturing inspector
- Licensed FAA A&P Mechanic or Repairman
- Company inspector
- Military inspector
- U.S. Citizenship Status required due to client requirement.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001; ANSI Z540.1 and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
- Preferred candidates will demonstrate technical competency in multiple disciplines
- A broad range of skills from cable repair to automated test system pc support desired.
- PMEL or TMDE graduate preferred
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion disability sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression age national origin veteran status genetic information union status and/or beliefs or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.
KBR Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.