Ground Control Station Technician Featured
- Hurlburt Field, Florida
- Job ID
Ground Control Station Technician job at Leidos in Hurlburt Field FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow and advance rapidly in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with world toughest technical problems.
Leidos is seeking a maintenance oriented candidate to perform as a member on a GCS (Ground Control Station) Technician team that supports RPA operations at Hurlburt Field Florida
The Ground Control Station (GCS) Technician supports the daily operations of an Air Force RPA (Remotely Piloted Aircraft) control station. This is a tech maintenance position maintaining RPA ground control stations in accordance with Air Force Technical Data. This position will also include installation and troubleshooting of IT equipment modification of and testing of new equipment. This requires collaboration with colleagues across multiple areas of expertise and the ability to work independently on moderately complex projects. This is a 24/7/365 operation with rotating shift work.
- Providing daily maintenance support service repair of RPA ground control stations support installation of new hardware software configurations and new system initiatives.
- Frequent collaboration with colleagues on mission specific modifications to the systems and ability to develop solutions to technical problems that a cure as mission requirements change. Must also ensure all maintenance tasks and functions are accomplished in accordance with (IAW) Air Force Instruction (AFI) 21-101 Aircraft and Equipment Maintenance Management and documented accordingly.
- Technician is responsible for maintenance data documentation air crew debriefing complete and/or sign Exceptional/Conditional Releases IAW TO 00-20-1.
- Must ensure all maintenance actions are documented IAW Technical Orders and correctly entered into IMDS track all pilot-reported discrepancies in IMDS and inform aircrew of corrective actions taken.
- Must have a maintenance background (Aviation maintenance and avionics is preferred ).
- Position typically requires BS degree and 2 -4 years of prior relevant experience or equivalent maintenance experience. Additional experience can substitute for a degree.
- Must have a current TOP SECRET SCI Security Clearance .
- The ideal candidate has experience performing organizational level maintenance tasks specified in the AF Technical Order (TO) pre and post-flight system configuration and maintain mission specific equipment maintenance such as subsystems auxiliary communications and computer interface equipment of Reaper aircraft and Ground Control Stations.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.