Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Database Engineer Staff Oracle DBE
King of Prussia, PA
This Enterprise Business Services (EBS) technical leadership position plans and leads Oracle database support efforts for Lockheed Martins RMS database systems.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating efforts with all stakeholders (customers, users, system administrators, storage management, and network administration teams)
- Reviewing and obtaining required approvals for all changes in accordance with the EBS change control and review processes
- Preparing and monitoring project schedules and budgets
- Analyzing existing Oracle database implementations
- Designing, planning, and executing migration and upgrade plans for the Oracle database environments
- Preparing and reporting current project status to senior leadership on an ongoing basis
- Assuring innovative approaches and strategies are utilized in the migration efforts
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and guidance to junior level engineers
- Working independently with little or no guidance
- Travel in support of the project as required
- Support an on call rotation as required
PREFERRED WORK LOCATION IS ORLANDO, BUT WOULD CONSIDER ANY U.S. BASED LOCKHEED MARTIN SITE.
Basic Required Experience
- Experience as a senior level Oracle database engineer
- Experience using:
- Oracle tools to manage database environments
- Unix operating system (HPUX, or AIX, or Solaris, or Linux)
- Oracle Enterprise Mgr
- Database backups and recoveries
- Oracle 10g and 11g system administration and support
- Project planning and scheduling
- SQL and PL/SQL Programming
- Data load and unload utilities
- Budget and schedule management
- Testing and documenting work performed
- TOAD database management tool, or equivalent Tool
- Unix scripting
- Oracle database performance and tuning
- Technical team leadership experience
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Work effectively with all levels of management and customers
- Juggle multiple projects, tasks, and deadlines in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Travel in support of the project
- Support flexible work schedules to include off hours, weekend work, and on-call
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): King of Prussia Colorado, King of Prussia Florida, King of Prussia New Jersey, King of Prussia New York, King of Prussia Pennsylvania
Database Engineer Staff Oracle DBE job at Lockheed Martin
Apply for this Database Engineer Staff Oracle DBE position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.