Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Field Engineer Electrical Chambersburg PA
- Performs depot level repairs, modifications, refurbishments of specific components of the Modernized Target Designation Sight/Pilotage Night Vision System (M-TADS/PNVS).
- Performs repair, rework, fault isolation, troubleshooting, and acceptance test of mechanical, electrical, structural, hydraulic subsystems and complete systems.
- Operates automated or general purpose test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers and waveform generators) and uses knowledge of basic AC/DC theory to read, interpret engineering drawings and schematics to conduct fault isolation of defective components.
- Setup and operation of conventional milling machine and drill press, to rework or repair mechanical components
- Utilizes precision measuring equipment to verify compliance to engineering specifications and tolerances
- Completes work IAW engineering drawings, schematics, Repair Center Procedures (RCPs), Field Advisory Bulletins(FABs), and Contactor Installation Procedures (CIPs)
- Documents work in automated maintenance data collection systems IAW Apache Fire Control processes and procedures
- Provides technical feedback on electro-mechanical components to promote reliability improvements
- Works with hazardous materials and chemicals, utilizing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required
- Performs limited supply duties (load/unload trucks), operates overhead hoists.
Basic Required Experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or within 1 semester of obtaining one, or 3 – 5 years of relative experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in repairs of electro-mechanical assemblies
- Knowledge basic avionics and electronics
- Experience with CCA component rework and repair
- Knowledge of trouble-shooting and fault isolation of components using general purpose and/or automated test equipment
- Knowledge of the operation of general purpose and/or automated test equipment
- Rework experience with BGAs and electrical maintenance and rework
- Knowledge of the interpretation of engineering drawings, schematics, and test and repair procedures
- Familiarity with industrial standards, military specifications and industry processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 35 pounds.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and frequently changing customer requirements
- Ability to understand policies and procedures for the control of Government property
- Ability to work with hazardous materials
- Ability to mix and weigh chemicals
- Ability to properly safety wire assemblies and connectors
- Ability to solder and repair cables and harnesses
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Knowledge of automated and/or general purpose test equipment (oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers and waveform generators) used in a depot
- Knowledge of solder certification to J-STD-001
- Knowledge of fault isolation for electro-mechanical components
- Knowledge of concepts for hardware repair
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Chambersburg Pennsylvania
Field Engineer Electrical job at Lockheed Martin
Apply for this Field Engineer Electrical Chambersburg PA position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.