Aerospace Engineering Intern Hot
- Long Beach, California
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineering Intern job at M4 Engineering in Long Beach CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
M4 Engineering is a dynamic and rapidly growing high technology engineering company located in Long Beach. We are currently seeking a highly organized enthusiastic individual to join our engineering team. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team performing engineering research and analysis for Department of Defense NASA and commercial clients. Internship opportunities are available in the areas of:
- Structural analysis
- Structural analysis for aircraft components
- Through various stages of the design process
- Material and concept trade studies
- Structural dynamics including modal and forced response
- Detailed analysis and documentation of structural integrity for test support and certification
- Structural analyses using MSC/NX Nastran and with conventional hand calculations
- Presentation of results to both internal and external customers
- Multidisciplinary Design Analysis and Optimization (MDAO)
- Develop methods and software tools for multidisciplinary analysis and optimization
- Define interfaces between disciplinary analyses and develop software to perform analyses spanning these interfaces
- Structural/Aerodynamics/Thermal/Propulsion analyses
- Verification and Validation (V&V) analyses to ensure that the resulting software accurately predicts the behavior of example applications
- Engineering software development
- Experience with operation and maintenance of computer- and manually-controlled laboratory and manufacturing equipment such as
- Common shop tools drill presses grinders saws welders etc.
- Test equipment Load cells electromechanical and hydraulic actuators strain gages accelerometers pressure sensors etc.
- CNC machine tools
- Experience with data acquisition and sensor application (e.g. strain gage accelerometer) using National Instruments DAQ systems.
- US Citizen or permanent residents ONLY
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Programming experience in Python FORTRAN C/C++ and/or Matlab is a plus
- Local candidates preferred
- This internship is year-round summer-only candidates are also welcome to apply
M4 Engineering is a rapidly growing small company with excellent advancement potential.
M4 Engineering Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.