Aircraft Structural Assembler Urgent
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Hourly $20.00 - $28.00
- Job ID
Aircraft Structural Assembler job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc in Mississauga ON
Description, duties, responsibilities
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global 5000/6000 and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Scope of Position
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the Structural Assembler is responsible for installing, and assembling components on an aircraft structure.
- Proficient in Blueprint Reading and Hole Layout, Countersinking and Deburring.
- Fitting and installation of conventional rivets and Hi-Lite fasteners
- Assemble and fit pre-fabricated parts to form subassemblies, working at benches or directly on an aircraft structure.
- Application of manual solvent, conductive chemical conversion treatment and paint touch-up
- Working with a variety of power and hand tools, jigs, fixtures and other equipment
- Meeting schedule and production requirements
- Completion of recognized Sheet Metal Fabrication course preferred.
- Completion of a college or other program in aviation or aeronautical technology, with emphasis in aircraft manufacturing.
- Use of Hand Tool for drilling, countersinking, torquing, installing (fasteners, hi-lites).
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret technical drawings (2D and 3D).
- Sub-assemblies, sheet metal assembly, mechanical assembly, etc.
- 1-10 yrs. experience in structural assembly (salary will be subject to years of experience and competency testing).
- Previous experience in the aerospace industry or manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Prior exposure to quality systems and safety fundamentals.
- Must be a strong team player, who is flexible and willing to learn new tasks.
- Must have flexibility to work rotating shifts to accommodate production schedule, including days, afternoons, nights and overtime as required.
- Must be mechanically inclined and know how to use Pneumatic, or power hand tools.
- You must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times on the plant floor (i.e. safety glasses, safety shoes and ear plugs) and follow all Health & Safety procedures at all times.
- Must be able to pass a Pulmonary Fit Test (PFT) for proper fitting of respirators as needed to perform the job safely, especially in work areas that may have exposure to chemicals or odors from paints, solvents etc. To ensure proper fitting of respirators all employees using respirators must be clean shaven at all times as per the Canadian Standard Association (CSA) requirements.
- Must be physically fit, energetic, agile, willing and able to:
- work in restricted spaces (tanks)
- work at heights (3rd floor of jigs)
- work rotating shifts when and as required
- bend, twist, walk on uneven surfaces and climb stairs repeatedly during shift
- perform heavy lifting (< 40 lbs) as needed to perform the job
- stand for 7 hours of an 8 hour shift
- Tier 1 Aerostructures Facility
- EIP – Employee Incentive Plan for Targets Achieved
- Extensive Training Program
- Employee Recruitment Referral Program
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Corporate Partnerships
- Advancement Opportunities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
MHI Canada Aerospace Inc Company Overview
About Us MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc. (MHICA), a group company of MItsubishi Heavy Industries, is a Tier 1 manufacturer of major aircraft structures and assemblies, based in Mississauga, Ontario. Over the past decade, MHICA has built more than aircraft components, it has built a recognized worldwide reputation for capacity, precision, on-time delivery and excellence. MHICA's facilities include a 270,000 sq ft state-of-the-art manufacture and assembly facility and a 70,000 sq ft supply chain and logistics centre, where more than 800 highly-skilled employees are working on Bombardier's sector-leading Global 5000/6000 and Challenger 350 business aircraft. MHICA's technicians build and join wing assemblies and fuselage centre sections, as well as perform systems and flight control assembly installations and testing. Building complex aircraft structures at the highest levels requires a full and well-managed inventory. MHICA's logistics centre ensures the stable and on-time delivery of materials, sub-assemblies and tooling needed for continuous and fluid assembly. Our Supply Chain and Logistics Centre sources materials and manages more than 100 supply chain partners from across North America. MHCIA conducts quality control and inspections of incoming components and materials, assembles work kits and warehouses the inventory that keeps our assembly facility running smoothly. MHICA is a world leader in large scale automated drilling/fastening/sealing of wing and fuselage major assemblies. MHICA also has developed and incorporated flex cell technology that allows our major assembly jigs to be re-configured for a wide variety of current and future aircraft platforms. Flex cell technology includes Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) for major assemblies. MHICA’s smart shop floor technology provides real-time situational awareness of detail parts, sub-assemblies and major assemblies. MHI Canada Aerospace, Inc looks to the future and the development of new partnerships with leading aerospace manufacturers. For more information about MHICA's skilled workforce, logistics centre, and world-class assembly facilities, please contact us at 905-612-8131 Company details Website http://mhi-global.com Headquarters Mississsauga, Ontario Year founded 2006 Company type Privately Held Company size 501-1,000 employees