Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
About MHI Canada Aerospace
MHI Canada Aerospace, a subsidiary of Japan-based Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, assembles major airframe components such as wings and fuselage for Bombardier Aerospace, specifically for the Global Express and the Challenger 350, both high speed business jets.
Scope of Position
This role is responsible for purchase material requirements planning, purchase order & supplier relationship management.
- Prepares, issues, and administers Purchase Orders.
- Monitors and expedites purchased materials to ensure timely delivery of product to support customer requirements.
- Analyzes material requirements and/or Kanban levels for purchased parts to achieve optimum material flow
- Monitors and expedites materials to ensure material flow to support production requirements and sales orders.
- Establish order parameters to optimize inventory levels to improve flow.
- Develops and manages effective relationship with internal departments. i.e. engineering, marketing, customer service, manufacturing, accounting, planning/materials, and quality.
- Maintain strong working relationships with our suppliers as well.
- Maintain Material Requirements Planning (MRP) order parameters on assigned parts (i.e. lead time, Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ), Multiples, Contact info etc.) in MHICA system.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ prior experience as a Buyer / Planner; aerospace experience an asset.
- Ability to review and relate Engineering Drawings and Specifications, an asset.
- Material Management Requirement system familiarity
- Excellent organization skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels in the organization required.
- Good time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Key Measurements of the Position
- Maintain professionalism
- Ability to accomplish duties required effectively and efficiently.
- Keep the Logistics team, Shop Floor Control well informed of daily operations.
- Ability to deal with added day to day issues and concerns.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Buyer Planner job at MHI Canada Aerospace Inc
Apply for this Buyer Planner position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!
Get Job Updates (it's free)
Enter your email to get FREE job updates.