Spacecraft Integration Technician Featured
- Santa Clara, California
- Job ID
Spacecraft Integration Technician job at MOMENTUS in Santa Clara CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
As a first-mover in building in-space transportation and infrastructure technology Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace propulsion and robotics engineers Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you we should talk.
The Spacecraft Integration Technician will work directly with the Lead Spacecraft Integration Technician and perform a variety of tasks in support of fabrication integration and test of space flight systems and support equipment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Fabricate assemble install repair test checkout and inspect mechanical spacecraft assemblies by interpreting blueprints engineering drawings and specifications and written assembly integration and test procedures.
- Diagnose troubleshoot and correct malfunctions of mechanical spacecraft assemblies by modification rework repair and/or performing maintenance and testing.
- Perform second party verifications and visually inspect mechanical assemblies to drawings engineering specifications and written assembly integration and test procedures.
- Operate various materials handling equipment including forklifts overhead cranes aerial lift equipment flight vehicle and sub-assembly transportation equipment truck/tractor trailer combinations and other GSE as required (training will be provided as required).
- Perform routine functions such as daily clean up organization of work area and stocking of consumables as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Industry certification Trade School training and/or Military experience.
- 2 years of relevant experience in mechanical assembly on high reliability products preferably aerospace/space/aviation
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequent standing sitting stopping kneeling crawling and squatting is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs to transfer or move tools parts equipment containers and materials.
- Able to work in normal office as well as inside and outside industrial working environments.
- Possess the ability to work in confined spaces and at heights.
- Have ability to fly on regular commercial airlines to offsite locations and launch facilities.
- Must be willing to travel (approximately 15%) to other launch sites or customer facilities as necessary.
- Must be willing to work 50+ hours a week (overtime) when necessary to support launch and critical project timelines flexibility required.
- Ability to work at elevated heights or on ladders up to 100 ft.
- Typically exposed to work in clean room with hair face and shoe covers
- Capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools. Included but not limited to: CNC Mill CNC router drill press grinders chop saw power and hand tools.
- Trained in the use of forklifts and overhead cranes
- Able to operate standard computer software (Microsoft office and ERP) equipment and keyboards.
- Familiar with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include but not limited to filtered respirators SCAPE (Self Contained Atmospheric Protective Ensemble) portable air packs and splash suits.
This is a full-time position in Santa Clara California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities technical data technology software and services. U.S. citizenship U.S. legal permanent resident status or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer making decisions without regard to race color religion gender identity creed national origin veteran status disability age sex sexual orientation marital status or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
MOMENTUS Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.