Aerospace Engineering Lead Urgent
- Sussex, Wisconsin
- Annual Salary $80,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Job ID
Aerospace Engineering Lead job at MRA in Sussex WI
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Angelus Corporation is a dynamic, rapidly growing technology company serving major customers in the aerospace & defense markets. By consistently providing quality, timely engineering solutions to solve our customers’ most important challenges, Angelus has become an internationally recognized leader in engineered interconnect, system and certification products and services. As a true “dual bottom line” company, Angelus prioritizes its employees’ personal and professional development within a collaborative, transparent and character-based culture.
We are seeking an experienced professional to fill our Aerospace Engineering Lead position. The Aerospace Engineering Lead is responsible for hands-on product development and coordinating the design engineering team’s daily activities. If you are passionate about developing products that customers need & love, and you have the education and experience to be successful as our Aerospace Engineering Lead, this is a unique opportunity that you need to explore.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with Project Management and Product Management to develop specifications for new products and product lines that solve unique customer challenges.
- Creating innovative technical options for meeting product specifications and collaborating with key stakeholders to identify the preferred option.
- Generating and maintaining engineering project schedules and product cost estimates.
- Leading and performing all phases of technical projects:
- overseeing the product concepts, designs, design reviews & early prototypes
- seeking and implementing customer feedback throughout the design cycle
- ensuring overall design process discipline and compliance with good design practices
- creating and performing Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (FMEA), Qualification Test Plans (QTP) and Qualification Test Reports (QTR)
- communicating with all functional disciplines to resolve technical risks and challenges relating to product quality, features & cost, and project budget & schedule
- releasing a well-documented & manufacturable product
- Leading the engineering team’s “keep the business running” activities by assigning and monitoring daily assignments including:
- Manufacturing support for released products
- Technical support and product derivatives for sales team opportunities
- Ensuring process compliance for business performance and AS9100 compliance
- Assisting marketing in maintaining technical customer-facing materials.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering. Aerospace focus is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of electromechanical product design & development experience following a disciplined engineering process from concept through to manufacturing release. Previous experience leading an engineering team is a plus.
- Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with a willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Capable of setting aggressive goals, establish supporting plans and successfully execute plans to achieve goals.
- Excellent collaboration & communications skills with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally.
- Passion for delivering results, driving continuous improvement and personal development.
- Strong proficiency with computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong professional English verbal & written communication skills.
- Demonstrated character aligned with Angelus values:
- Understand & exceed customer expectations for value
- Communicate openly, honestly & professionally
- Make & meet commitments with urgency
- Do what’s right even when you don’t feel like doing it
- PTC Creo, Autodesk AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Inventor training is a plus.
- Project Management certification and/or training is a plus.
- Previous experience developing products for the aerospace & defense industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with RF, ethernet & power cable technology and aircraft systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with FAA Regulations and/or AS9100 Quality Management Systems is a plus.
- United States
- Competitive Starting Salary
- Quarterly and Annual Bonuses
- 401(k) and profit sharing
- Full benefits package including health & dental, life, vision, STD, LTD
- Fun work environment
Please contact David Payne with questions at 847-241-5186
MRA Company Overview
CertifyNation a division of The Angelus Corporation manufactures aerospace and defense products. The company offers aircraft cables, electronic cables, cable connectors, and avionic cable assemblies; and engineering, certification, and manufactured solutions. It serves commercial, corporate, general aviation, and military aircraft sectors. The company was founded in 1989 and is headquartered in Sussex, Wisconsin. Our Commitment to Quality The Angelus Corporation is committed to providing high quality, premium products, and services to the aerospace and defense industries. It has implemented industry recognized quality management standards in order to build robust quality systems that will help ensure product safety, quality and reliability. Quality Policy â€œMaking our Customersâ€™ Jobs Easierâ€ is integral to The Angelus Corporationâ€™s quality system and to the success of becoming a diversified Aerospace & Defense products and services provider. Our employees, processes, and business systems are keys to executing our commitment to the quality system. Our quality and business objectives lead us to a continuous pursuit of exceeding requirements, diligently following policies & procedures, and achieving process excellence that results in superior products and services. Certifications PIC Wire & Cable â€“ AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 CertifyNation â€“ FAA Part Manufacturing Approval