Application Engineer Aerospace Hot
- Mason, Ohio
- Job ID
Application Engineer Aerospace job at Makino in Mason OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
Makino is a world leader in metal-cutting and machining technology. As a leader in advanced manufacturing machine tool technology Makino enables its customers to realize the highest level of quality with the fastest time to market. When companies make the parts that matter for automotive aerospace medical die-mold and other industries worldwide they make them with Makino.
The Applications Engineer - Aerospace is responsible for supporting the sales force from a technical applications engineering viewpoint with primary focus on aerospace structural components and aerospace engine component manufacturing for test cuts machine demonstrations and customer startup and training. This is an opportunity to focus your experience with multi-axis (3 4 and 5 axis) high speed machining techniques and disciplines working on the most state-of-the-art machines in the industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing test cuts and machine demonstrations for aerospace type parts both structural and engine components.
- Providing applications engineering support to sales force by visiting customer facilities and assisting with potential machine and turnkey proposals.
- Setting up generating NC program build tooling conducting prove-out and completing test cut requests from sales inquiries leading to machine orders.
- Performing customer startup training and transferring of technical knowledge on newly sold Makino equipment at the customers facility.
- Proficiency in CAD/CAM generated CNC programming (preferred).
- Self-motivated and able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to interface with potential customers and present a professional image.
- Technical aptitude creative problem solving and logical troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products required.
- Bachelor s degree (preferred) or equivalent in a technical field or 5 years or more related experience.
- One to three years experience with aerospace structural and/or engine type component manufacturing.
- One to three years experience with setup programming and operations of multi-axis (3 4 and 5 axis) machining centers.
- Prior experience with Makino machine operation (Pro-5 controller preferred).
- Willingness to travel mostly short duration 25 30% regionally.
We believe that the interests of our company and people are inseparable and we are committed to developing a diverse team of creative and independent professionals. Employees enjoy a stable work environment from a company with years of success and growth in the machine tool industry. We offer competitive pay generous benefits and ongoing training.
Makino is proud to be an EEO/M/F/Disabled/Vets employer
Makino Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.