Sales Engineer Featured
- Waco, Texas
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Sales Engineer job at MarathonNorco Aerospace Inc in Waco TX
Description, duties, responsibilities
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Organizes the Company’s sales effort for aftermarket sales and/or customer base. Coordinates and maintains contact with internal departments to include Sales & Marketing, Accounting, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality Assurance. Extensive interface with customers, business unit managers, independent sales representatives and distributors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reporting to the Aftermarket Sales Manager, organizes and executes the sales and marketing activities for Marathon Batteries and/or Norco Mechanical products.
- Promotes and sells MNAI’s new and existing products to assigned accounts.
- Develops value-based product pricing consistent with customer and company input.
- Develops quotes and proposals to support MNAI customers’ requirements.
- In conjunction with the Sales Leadership Team, prepares a yearly income/bookings plan in support of company goals and objectives
- Supports monthly reporting on territory, sales activity, and key metrics.
- Maintains proper utilization of time and territory management. Provides travel plans to the Sales Leadership on a 90-day rolling basis. Manages travel expenses in accordance with plan or forecast.
- Coordinates follow-up of open quotations and proposals to support segment bookings plan.
- Meets forecasted new business quotas as set at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Assists in long-range sales/margin analysis and marketing strategy for the product line.
- Supports Inside Sales Representatives and Contract Administrator(s) in evaluating inquiries, formulating proposal strategy, and assists with pricing to ensure our products are specified and purchased.
- Represents the voice of the customer to bring innovative new product, technical and commercial offerings.
- Determine and support trade show attendance and lead on-site presence.
- Manage distribution relationships through communication with key POCs to include Product Managers and Field Sales Representatives. Attain and analyze Distribution Point of Sale data to determine opportunities for growth.
- Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
Other Responsibilities (may include some or all of the following)
- Assists with reviewing terms and conditions for liabilities on new proposals and contracts to ensure conformity with company policy.
- Advises Sales Leadership of product line status with the customer, and short/long term initiatives required to attain customer loyalty.
- Maintains business plans for assigned key customers, which include contact lists, revenue and gross margin profile, top 10 part number sales history, fleet size (if applicable), key issues, etc.
- Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATION To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering, Marketing field, or closely related discipline.
- Work Experience: Five (5) or more years of applied technical sales experience, preferably in the aerospace/aviation industries.
- Or, equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge acquired through experience and/or other training.
In addition this position requires:
- Knowledgeable of features, technical aspects, benefits and use of the product line, and complete knowledge of selling techniques and ability to close sales.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office package (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access), database systems, and working knowledge of ERP software.
- Excellent analytical, contract management and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional leadership and decision making skills.
- Preferred experience with government contracting requirements, such as FAR, DFAR, ITAR, etc.
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
- Outside travel approximately 35-50% of the workweek.
MarathonNorco Aerospace Inc Company Overview
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc., a leading global designer, producer and supplier of highly engineered aircraft components for use on nearly all commercial and military aircraft in s ervice today, has operated in Waco, Texas, since 1971. Having successfully served commercial and military aviation markets with reliable cost effective products, MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc. continues to provide a total solution to aircraft power needs from engine, APU starting, emergency power, to ground support and battery maintenance. "EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled"