AP General Aviation Mechanic and Tech Support Featured
- Baldwin City, Kansas
- Job ID
AP General Aviation Mechanic and Tech Support job at McFarlane Aviation Products in Baldwin City KS
Description, duties, responsibilities
Job Opportunity: A mechanic’s dream job! This is a 1st shift Monday-Friday position in a clean and air-conditioned environment. McFarlane Aviation Products is a worldwide leading manufacturer of aviation parts located in Baldwin City, KS which is 10 minutes from Lawrence and 40 minutes from Kansas City on a grass strip airport. We are a small dynamic company that has been developing and manufacturing the world’s best replacement aircraft parts for over 30 years. We are well-known and respected throughout aviation industry. We offer a competitive salary with a full benefits package, a casual family-orientated work environment and opportunities for growth.
General Description of position: Maintain three Cessna aircraft; assist with overhaul fuel valves and customer technical support. Assist training sales, marketing and engineering staff. Suggestion improvements, ideas for new tools and do research.
Reports to: Tech Support Aircraft Maintenance Manager
Skills that are required:
• Current A&P license with 5 to 10 years’ experience as a Certified A&P Mechanic
• An understanding of various general aviation aircraft and their systems
• Perform physical requirements of aircraft maintenance work and office work with Microsoft Office proficiency
• Adapt to changes in departmental priority and assigned work
• Detail oriented with organizational and time management skills
• Experience with quality and safety
• Experience in customer service, telephone and computers or equivalent training
• A strong desire to help customers and co-workers
• Ability to work with technical and mechanical detail
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Able to work both in a team setting and individually
• Manage small projects
• A willingness to continuously learn
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. he or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform other duties requested by his or her Manager.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
McFarlane Aviation Products Company Overview
McFarlane Aviation Products is a manufacturer of replacement parts for Cessna, Piper, Grumman, Beechcraft and Ag-Cat airplanes, as well as experimental, homebuilt and LSA aircraft. We have thousands of FAA-PMA part numbers on the shelf for immediate shipment. Our facility is conveniently located in the center of the United States near Baldwin City, KS on the Vinland Valley Aerodrome (K64). Our growing corporate office and manufacturing facility includes a campus of three buildings with more than 69,000 square feet of office space, inventory storage and factory floor. Our products are not simply duplicates of their OEM counterparts, but are engineered to be superior in quality and have a longer service life. In addition to quality improvements you also get a lower price. In fact, many McFarlane replacement parts sell for up to 60% less than the equivalent aircraft manufacturerâ€™s part. In addition to producing high quality replacement parts, McFarlane distributes a variety of general aviation products and accessories along with other manufacturerâ€™s FAA-PMA products. Custom manufactured products and services are also provided with amazingly quick delivery. No matter what you purchase from McFarlane Aviation Products, you can rest assured that you are getting the highest quality product at the lowest price. McFarlane is a family owned business with old fashioned customer service.