Team Leader Tallassee Al Featured
- Tallassee, Alabama
- Job ID
Team Leader Al job at Melrose Industries in Tallassee AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Date: Aug 21 2020
Location: Tallassee AL US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing aerospace factory employees across multi-functions and/or multi-shifts. The Team Leader will emphasize total employee involvement through team building and accountability skill development and technical training quality focus cost management delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Provide daily leadership in an aerospace factory work environment and coordinate all required activities associated with an assigned product line(s) work centers and manufacturing departments.
- Develop and maintain for the factory team a set of clearly defined performance objectives that involve the following areas of individual and team accountability: workplace safety quality cost schedule process attendance cleanliness and HAZMAT handling and disposal housekeeping performance measurements and timely problem resolution.
- Develop and deliver plans that meet internal and external customer schedule requirements.
- Prepare and implement plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
- Plan with information from your team program management production planning and control purchasing quality assurance engineering and finance the daily and/or weekly activities and priorities.
- Develop and utilize Leadership Standard Work (LSW) to ensure all items above are consistently and continually addressed.
- Develop competencies within the product lines work centers and/or department that focus on:
a. technical skills and continuous manufacturing process improvement
b. developing an understanding of our overall business (cost and asset) management objectives
c. team communication and problem solving techniques and personal motivation to achieve requirements established for Key Performance Indicators in quality schedule and cost performance.
- Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures with technical assistance from tooling engineering finance and materials.
- Bachelors degree related discipline or 5 years of factory supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelors degree.
- 3 years of experience in leadership positions in a manufacturing environment (Lead Man Team Leader or Supervisor).
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- BSc degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Science discipline
- Lean or Six Sigma certification by a reputable certifying body or benchmark company
- Aerospace supply chain experience
- Excellent performance as a Team member demonstrating rigorous adherence to standardised work and a track record of Kaizen implementation
- An effective communicator and an influential team member
- GKN experience
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Alexander City