Lean Deployment Leader Al Featured
- Tallassee, Alabama
- Job ID
Lean Deployment Leader Al job at Melrose Industries in Tallassee AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Date: Dec 18 2020
Location: Tallassee AL US
Company: GKN Aerospace Careers
GKN Aerospace is the worlds leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries we serve over 90% of the worlds aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the worlds advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with a high level of expertise to drive continuous improvement. They will play a central role in leading the site through the Lean Excellence model. They will lead coach and influence their sites Leaders ensuring rigor and fidelity to the Lean Deployment roadmap.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace "Great Place to Work" value drivers and Culture Principles.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKNA and that all locations are a model of a world-class healthy and safe working environment.
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across within their Performance Center.
- Creating and executing against the Site Lean Deployment plan.
- Coaching their performance centers in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model.
- Ensuring the correct allocation of resources to make the Lean deployment a success and making problems immediately visible allowing problem solving to take place.
- Delivering significant improvement in People Safety Quality Delivery Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets meeting their sites customer and stakeholder commitments driven by significant improvements in Lean Maturity.
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their site ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Science discipline required.
- 3+ years of lean deployment/leadership experience in a manufacturing/industrial setting required.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- An understanding of Lean Thinking and Lean Leadership.
- The demonstrated ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Ability to lead coach and mentor highly skilled and experienced team members.
- A track record of Leadership and direction through effective communications building effective teams.
- A passion for the using Lean tools and techniques.
- GKN experience.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds with different skills and perspectives to spark originality imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age race creed color national origin ancestry marital status affectional or sexual orientation gender identity or expression disability nationality sex or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Alexander City
Melrose Industries Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.