Cargo Handler Lead Featured
- San Francisco, California
- Job ID
Cargo Handler Lead job at Menzies Aviation in San Francisco CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Under limited supervision provides day-to-day work direction to cargo handlers and is able to serve as backup to Supervisor Cargo Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assign employees to work specific jobs loading unloading building up and breaking down freight.
• Performs new employee introduction to work area explains rules uniform policy warehouse procedures and provides over view of department operations.
• Trains employees on specific or assigns employees to work with experienced agent.
• Ensure that employees are fully trained on company policies and procedures including warehouse safety forklift operation and security procedures.
• Interface with other departments to ensure that service issues are addressed and/or corrected to ensure quality of service.
• Maintains as orderly work area may perform or assign general housekeeping duties including sweeping storage and dock areas.
• Operates a forklift to transport freight in a safe and efficient manner. May be responsible for fueling forklifts.
• Ensures that all company safety rules including dangerous goods handling and awareness are bring adhered to reports safety hazards and incident to supervisor.
• Inventories freight to insure proper accounting of cargo.
• Directly leads Cargo Handlers.
• Carries out lead responsibilities in accordance with Menzies’ polices and applicable laws.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must follow all Security procedures as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Menzies Aviation Company Overview
With more than 200 airport operations across 6 continents, Menzies Aviation relies on more than 30,000 employees to ensure that our services hit the heights which are expected of us. We believe that true excellence is only delivered by people with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. We offer landside and airside services tailored to our customers needs, timed to their schedules, and delivered by teams with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. Our core services include Ground Handling, Cargo, Fueling, Executive Services and Offline Services.