- Chicago, Illinois
- Job ID
Dispatcher job at Menzies Aviation in Chicago IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Communicate flight release and fuel load information to appropriate operations.• Maintain lines of communication with line operations and air carriers through the use of two-way radios.• Coordinate operations with the airline and ground handlers.• Maintain flight logs and update flight schedules.• Coordinate with departments in billing for services rendered and compile information for each flight and submit for final bill preparation.• Make arrangements for accommodations when flight delays occur.• Handle phone traffic.• Assist in the planning and control of the gate assignment.• Assist with passenger services as required.• Recommend weight and balance preparation in accordance with airline requirements.• Is able to meet the Station’s attendance standards
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.• Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.• Possess/maintain a valid driver’s license and other FAA Airport required identification/seals or authorizations.• Must have Delta Airlines Fueling Certification• Previous experience preferred• Able to continuously lift/move/push 70 lbs.
• Must pass Pre-Employment Drug Test and Color Blindness Test.
• Must have reliable transportation there is no public transportation access available
• Must have the ability to obtain airport security badge
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about discussed or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge (b) in furtherance of an investigation proceeding hearing or action including an investigation conducted by the employer or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Menzies Aviation Company Overview
With more than 200 airport operations across 6 continents, Menzies Aviation relies on more than 30,000 employees to ensure that our services hit the heights which are expected of us. We believe that true excellence is only delivered by people with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. We offer landside and airside services tailored to our customers needs, timed to their schedules, and delivered by teams with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them. Our core services include Ground Handling, Cargo, Fueling, Executive Services and Offline Services.