Mechanical aerospace Engineer Featured
- Warner Robins, Georgia
- Job ID
Mechanical aerospace Engineer job at Mercer University in Warner Robins GA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Apply now Job Vacancy: 21-RW-06
Work type: MERC
Location: Warner Robins GA (MERC)
Categories: MERC (Mercer Engineering Research Center)
Warner Robins GA
- Responsible for designing and performing detailed engineering efforts in the assigned discipline including but not limited to the following tasks:
- Analysis of existing technology applications processes and products taking into consideration costs life cycle considerations reliability maintainability productivity and long-term support.
- Performing intensive technology research and evaluation of a broad array of alternative solutions to improve existing implementations.
- Defining and implementing advanced technological implementations and evaluations to provide risk reduction and determine production feasibility of improved and alternate technological implementations.
- Designing implementing and achieving operational status of advanced technological and engineering approaches to satisfy customer needs.
- Responsible for providing detailed cross functional engineering communication design evaluation and implementations achieving novel and unique functionality and capability through multi-disciplined engineering applications through:
- Participation in multidiscipline design teams and process action team efforts.
- Preparing and presenting design alternatives to a multidiscipline review peer group.
- Preparing and implementing designs that apply multidiscipline solutions achieving breakthrough performance and unique technological applications.
- Responsible for technical interface with present and perspective customers through the following activities:
- Diagnosing existing and perspective customer needs and opportunities through informal and formal interaction to understand present operations and limitations and customer priorities and needs.
- Preparing and and presenting detailed technical presentations using information gathered both directly and indirectly to provide customer insight into technological capabilities that could significantly improve operations.
- Insuring strong technical communication and understanding through use of terms design illustrations and operating paradigms that are common to the customer experience.
- Provides detailed technical information to program managers including costs schedule and technical risk assessments at all stages of implementation.
- Complies with all Executive Director approved MERC-wide policies and procedures.
- Adheres to approved MERC MSP quality management policies and principles and promotes an attitude of commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ensures familiarity with all MERC core capabilities and with current and potential customer base.
- During all customer contacts remains alert for any potential problems or opportunities that could possibly lead to additional business for any MERC core capability area.
- Reports all perceived or identified MERC business opportunities to the Director of Acquisition Strategy through a Chief Engineer.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance.
- A Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited School or College of Engineering and 2 years of related experience; or a Masters degree in same and 1 year of related experience; or a Ph.D. in same with no experience.
- Experience programming with MATLAB or Python.
- Experience performing fatigue/fracture mechanics calculations.
- Experience with finite element modeling and analysis (Nastran or LS-Dyna experience is a plus).
- Experience with static and dynamic analysis of flight vehicle structures (non-linear contact or transient FEA experience is a plus).
- Ability to manage time with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience with laboratory and/or flight test design and data post-processing.
- Ability to work independently on new tasks seeking guidance when necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Does this position require travel for University business in a rental car or University owned vehicle?
Commensurate with experience
Advertised: 13 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 13 Apr 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
- MERC (Mercer Engineering Research Center) 1
The University will ensure equal opportunity for applicants and employees in all of its policies and practices including but not limited to recruiting hiring transfers promotions compensation benefits layoff and recall policies University-sponsored training programs education tuition assistance and social and recreational programs. Persons needing reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application process or for other questions regarding employment at Mercer University please contact Human Resources.
Mercer University Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.