Ap Helicopter Technician Vidant Eastcare Ocw Was Nc Featured
- Washington, North Carolina
- Job ID
Ap Helicopter Technician Vidant Eastcare Ocw Was Nc job at Metro Aviation in Washington NC
Description, duties, responsibilities
Metro Aviation is seeking anA&P Helicopter Base Technicianwith exceptional skills for theVidant EastCare programlocated inWashington NC.
Metro Aviation is driven by its safety culture and demonstrates that commitmentto safety by providing its Technicians with industry-leading training and modernwell-equipped shops.
We are seeking aviation professionals that share ourpassion for safety and excellence in operations.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive scheduled and unscheduled maintenance inspections repairs and modifications to airframes and engines in accordance with manufacturers maintenance procedures airworthiness directives service bulletins the Metro Aviation General Operations Manual and applicable Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Actively incorporates safety in all maintenance activities in accordance with the Metro Aviation Safety Management System.
- Plans and manages scheduled maintenance activity effectively.
- Manages base inventory parts ordering stock levels core returns shipping and receiving of parts and materials.
- Responsible to be available promptly on call during nights weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Performs engine and engine component troubleshooting replacement and rigging.
- Performs main and tail rotor track and balance.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot aircraft avionics and electrical systems.
- Works independently without immediate supervision.
- Maintains a safe and airworthy aircraft at all times.
Aviation Maintenance Technician Minimum Preferred Qualifications
Rotor Wing or Fixed Wing Technicians
- Honesty integrity and a commitment to maintaining safe compliant aircraft.
- Detail-oriented. Self-Starter. Team player.
- Current FAA Airframe and Power Plant Mechanic Certificate Inspection Authorization a plus.
- Three years experience working with the turbine-powered rotor or fixed-wing experience.
- Prefer three years of specific model aircraft experience
- Prefer three years of Part 135 field experience
- Sound judgment and objectivity in decision-making.
- Effective maintenance planning and scheduling skills.
- Strong electrical and avionics troubleshooting ability.
- Requires the ability to work days nights weekends and on-call during the month.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office (Outlook Word Excel)
- Ability to work outdoors and/or in potentially extreme cold and hot temperatures dependent upon location.
- Bending squatting kneeling sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent usage of hands wrists shoulders and back is necessary.
- Comfortable working on ladders and or work stands of 12 feet or less and small spaces.
- Must have sufficient vision and ability to safely perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (High Visibility clothing Ear protection safety glasses) when required.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
While performing duties of the job the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger handle or feel objects tools or controls: reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. Work around machinery with moving parts. Specialized PPE may be required. The noise level in the work environment typically is usually moderate.
Metro Aviation is committed to employees customers and community to promote diversity and inclusion by developing policies programs and procedures which foster a work environment where differences are respected and employees are treated fairly.
Metro Aviation prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind and ensures equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all aspects of the relationship between Metro Aviation and its employees including recruitment employment promotion transfer training working conditions wages and salary administration employee benefits and application of policies.
Metro Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.