Dean College Of Health And Applied Sciences Featured
- Denver, Colorado
- Job ID
Dean College Of Health And Applied Sciences job at Metropolitan State University of in Denver CO
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Dean of the College of Health and Applied Sciences oversees the overall operations of the College and will manage the professional activities of the faculty and staff for the College of Health and Applied Sciences as well as provide academic leadership in creating an inclusive and equitable vision for a dynamic and entrepreneurial 21st century College of Health and Applied Sciences. The new Dean will effectively utilize and leverage their experiences knowledge and expertise to build upon the College s mission and launch it forward with an inclusive and equitable vision for values and keen understanding of today s social climate. The new Dean will encourage and enhance the success of all students including (but not limited to) students of color LBGTQIA students students from low-income backgrounds first-generation students students with disabilities undocumented students non-traditional students student veterans active military and English-language learners.
The new Dean will oversee the following departments: Health Institute Advanced Manufacturing Sciences Institute Aviation and Aerospace Science Department Department of Criminal Justice and Criminology Department of Engineering and Engineering Technology Department of Health Professions Department of Human Performance and Sport Department of Human Services and Counseling Department of Industrial Design Department of Journalism and Media Production Department of Nursing Department of Nutrition Department of Social Work and Department of Speech Language Hearing Sciences.
- Serving as the chief administrative and academic officer for all areas in the College.
- Providing academic leadership in creating a vision for a dynamic College of Health and Applied Sciences ensuring that curricula and degree programs both undergraduate and graduate are innovative and promote currency in their fields.
- Representing the College in University-level planning research and evaluation conversations and committees.
- Growing graduate programs and expanding online programing.
- Working closely with university government affairs team serve as a liaison to state and local entities and legislators and advocating for the College s interests and strategic goals.
- Participating actively in community meetings and other relevant statewide organizations and committees.
- Collaborating with Advancement and other personnel involved with fundraising (public and private grant writing individual donors corporations and foundations) to strategically develop resources for the college.
- Serving as part of the Provost s senior management team.
- In consultation with the Provost the College of Health and Applied Sciences fiscal manager and department chairs developing budgets and manages resources effectively.
- Establishing and maintaining high academic standards that enhance the College s growing reputation and promote innovation and sustainability.
- Providing strategic leadership to each of the department s program reviews and accreditation.
- Serving as a direct liaison with relevant academic departments and administrative offices to advance the scholarship of teaching and learning and program development.
- Providing leadership in recruiting and developing a quality faculty dedicated to teaching scholarly activity and service.
- Conducting performance reviews and evaluations for faculty and staff (annual tenure promotion and post-tenure review as appropriate).
- Recommending faculty appointments rank and salary to the Provost.
- Monitoring faculty and staff qualifications for employment and assignments standards for the improvements of advisement instruction and supervision teaching loads and faculty evaluation.
- Encouraging supporting and enhancing faculty and staff professional development.
- A PhD or equivalent terminal degree in an academic discipline from an accredited institution in higher education.
- A record as an accomplished administrator with progressively responsible academic administration positions in higher education.
- A record of accomplishment that would meet the Departmental standards for tenure in the candidate s discipline. Departmental standards for tenure can be found here.
- A PhD or equivalent terminal degree in an academic discipline from the college.
- Previously tenured at a regionally accredited baccalaureate-granting institution of higher education.
- Previous experience managing and defining budgets.
- Success in community partnerships leading to fundraising public-private partnerships and grant writing in the public and/or private sphere.
- Previous experience working with state legislators.
- Experience in urban higher education as found in a large non-residential campus.
- Experience interpreting data and using data analytics software to guide decisions.
- Record of successful development leadership and stewardship of an external advisory council or board.
- Experience managing faculty and staff in higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to shared governance and a history of collaborative inclusive consultative and transparent decision-making including communicating difficult decisions respectfully.
- A record of commitment advocacy and success in advancing diversity equity and inclusion (e.g. recruitment and retention of diverse faculty and staff; infusion of diversity and inclusive teaching practices into the curriculum; promotion of a work environment that is inclusive and collegial for all faculty staff and students) with a commitment to creating an inclusive environment and closing equity gaps for underrepresented populations.
- Demonstrated success in recruiting and advancing faculty and staff from diverse and multicultural backgrounds.
- A demonstrated record of commitment to supporting faculty research grant proposals professional development and excellence in equity-minded teaching.
- A history of innovation in developing and supporting academic programs that support student success goals.
- Demonstrated ability to create and support an active student-centered learning environment.
- A track record of academic transformation and knowledge of online teaching strategies.
- Knowledge of programs that focus on the improvement of retention and graduation rates of all MSU Denver students.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate wrap-around student support services and career preparation effectively with academic program delivery to achieve student success.
- Knowledge of practices to promote student enrollment.
- Demonstrated dedication to undergraduate teaching and learning and the mission of a public comprehensive regional university.
Metropolitan State University of Denver Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.