Aviation Civil Engineer Featured
- United, Pennsylvania
- Job ID
Aviation Civil Engineer job at Michael Baker International in United PA
Description, duties, responsibilities
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a leading provider of architectural engineering and consulting services including design planning environmental construction and program management. The company provides its comprehensive range of services and solutions to support U.S. federal state and municipal governments foreign allied governments and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Bakers more than 3000 employees across nearly 100 locations are committed to a culture of innovation collaboration and technological advancement to help solve challenges for clients and communities throughout the country. To learn more visit .
AVIATION PRACTICE From airport master plan development to new runway design Michael Baker International knows the business of airports - from the smallest general aviation facilities to the busiest international airports in the world. For more than 80 years we have provided planning design and construction services to airports worldwide serving as an on-call "extension of staff" to many of our aviation clients. Michael Bakers award-winning personnel have a reputation for taking their understanding of the local airport community / environment and incorporating related elements into their designs and plans. Knowing that airports are a key economic driver and source of pride for the geographic areas they serve we proudly perform as partners in more than facilities and other infrastructure. We partner in success.
DESCRIPTION The successful candidate will be responsible for driving production of airfield designs. The candidate will be responsible for helping guide the staff in the development of construction plans and specifications. The candidate will also be responsible for task management of multiple projects.
- A typical day depends entirely on what type of project you may be working on.
- Working on an airfield design project would include coordinating the design team for the development of construction documents and specifications.
- This position would also be responsible for performing QC reviews throughout the life of the design.
- As a technical lead one could expect to coordinate all aspects of a particular project with the design team and sub-consultants on a daily basis and also provide technical reviews throughout the project.
- All of this could be performed on multiple projects every day.
- There isnt necessarily a typical day in the life of an Aviation Civil Engineer every day is a new adventure.
- We are committed to the growth of our internal personnel and we support this with world class learning and development including internal training that leads to career advancement.
- The career path beyond a Civil Engineer II in the aviation group includes a few potential opportunities for growth depending on your desired path. One could become a Technical Manager becoming responsible for technical project management for multiple projects. One could become a Project Manager becoming responsible for all aspects of project management and managing the client throughout the life of a project.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
Minimum 6 - 8 years of civil engineering design experience with a concentration in airfield design. A Masters degree can be substituted for 1-2 years of experience.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D design
- Airfield civil design including airfield pavement design
- Ability to analyze GIS data
- Ability to write technical engineering reports
- Ability to manage and prioritize project assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Attention to detail and effective decision making organization and editing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication and conceptual thinking skills.
- Work independently and within a team setting to support projects and assignments.
What would make me stand out as a candidate?
- Level and type of aviation experience.
- Broad knowledge of aviation planning programming design and construction.
- Overall knowledge of the aviation industry.
- Knowledge and experience with the AIP and the grant programs.
- Knowledge of FAA Airports policies and procedures.
- Federal/DoD Aviation design experience.
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion age gender sexual orientation gender identity national origin citizenship status marital status genetic information disability protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.
Michael Baker International Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.