Senior Quality Manager Aerospace Featured
- Blue Island, Illinois
- Job ID
Senior Quality Manager Aerospace job at Michael Page in Blue Island IL
Description, duties, responsibilities
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race color religion sex sexual orientation gender identity or expression national origin age disability veteran status marital status or based on an individuals status in any group or class protected by applicable federal state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities women the disabled protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Sr. Quality Manager will be responsible for managing the company quality systems improvements and ensure AS9100 standards throughout operations. The Sr. Quality Manager will lead the quality department and support all manufacturing operations.
Been around for 60+ years and has been at the forefront of magnesium and aluminum sand casting. Their main customers are Honeywell Boeing and Spirit among others. Almost every commercial airliner across the United States has a part of theirs in it. Projecting to double their business in the next 18 months.
The Sr. Quality Manager will oversee a team of 3 quality inspectors and 1 quality engineer while leading all quality initiatives for 2 business units being responsible for:
- Lead AS9100 Quality Management System and implementation of best practices
- Read blueprints and/or engineering specifications to obtain casting information such as specified material surface finish and dimension requirements; ability to compare surface finish of work piece to finish requirements
- Responsible for FAI submission process and resolution of non-conforming measurements detected during FAI process.
- Manage the PPAP process from planning implementation and execution of final inspection plans.
- Educate and instruct plant personnel in recommended quality control testing equipment maintenance and overall efficiency improvements to meet quality control standards.
- Lead Quality in projects such as data control documentation updates of procedures resolving quality issues utilizing continuous improvement techniques.
- May be DSQR certified and perform required duties and sign-off
- Support the Plants comprehensive Quality Systems strategy that ensures manufacture of current products that meet quality cost safety and delivery goal of no customer complaints and the attainment of all customer required quality certifications.
- Perform non-conformance (NC) processing on regular basis utilizing database systems to record and monitor disposition
- Improve Corrective Preventative Action verification and effectiveness of action items
- Bachelors degree in engineering manufacturing quality discipline
- 5+ years of quality and manufacturing experience
- AS9100 required
- Total Work Systems (TQM/ISO/Six Sigma)
- Experience in casting manufacturing technology a plus
- Excellent Computer skills
- Competitive Salary: $120000-$135000/yr depending on experience
- Medical dental vision
- 401(k) w/ match
- Potential 10% bonus
- 3 weeks vacation
- Opportunity to be apart of senior leadership
Applying within 24 hours will guarantee your resume to be considered
Michael Page Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.