Aircraft Group Strategic Sourcing Lead Featured
- East Aurora, New York
- Job ID
Aircraft Group Strategic Sourcing Lead job at Moog in East Aurora NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Strategic Sourcing Lead (Supply Chain) Moog Aircraft Group
The Aircraft Group Supply Chain group is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Lead.
For a selected group of suppliers and under the direction of the Senior Strategic Sourcing Director; the Strategic Sourcing Lead is responsible for: development of strategic sourcing plans including make vs buy inputs Supplier identification and selection negotiating and closing high value long term agreements Supplier relationship management Supplier partnership and development as well as general contractual supplier support for all AG sites and sectors. The ability to effectively manage relationships and influence internal and external stakeholders throughout the process is critical.
The scope includes: New programs existing programs and aftermarket programs throughout the entire lifecycle including: proposal development new product introduction rate increase and mass production in order to meet quality total cost delivery and inventory goals.
- Develops strategic sourcing plans for designated commodity group
- Supports and facilitates AG Make vs Buy strategy inputs
- Evaluates market environment
- Develops strategies to achieve increased leverage
- Identifies selects and develops suppliers to enable production
- Develops channels of supply to achieve reduced lead time and Moog inventory holding increased quality and delivery and therefore lowest total cost (not just the lowest purchase price)
- Maintains and fosters effective supplier relationships
- Contract and pricing negotiation and maintenance including claim management
- Bachelor degree level education preferred in the fields of Engineering Supply Chain or Business. An engineering or technical background is preferable along with Project/Program Management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience (usually post education) in the field of manufacturing or engineering (preferably Aerospace)
- Good communication/organizational skills and be able to demonstrate an ability to understand complex regulations/procedures
- Ability to deal with a variety of tasks at any one time and understand the priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Travel to other Moog locations and suppliers when required (about 10-15%).
Desired qualifications would include:
- Certification in Purchasing Supply Chain Program Management additional education and a Masters Degree in Business Engineering
- Good negotiating skills combined with knowledge of procurement and contractual law is preferred.
You can do this!
Moog is a performance culture that empowers people to achieve great things. Our people enjoy tackling interesting technical challenges in a culture where everyone trust each other to do the right thing. For you working with us can mean deeper job satisfaction better rewards and a great quality of life inside and outside of work.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
Moog Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.