Airport System Engineer Urgent
- Newark, New Jersey
- Annual Salary $85,000.00 - $95,000.00
- Job ID
Airport System Engineer job at Munich Aiport US Holding LLC in Newark NJ
Description, duties, responsibilities
EWR Terminal One LLC is an US-based subsidiary of the German Airport Operator Munich Airport. EWR Terminal One LLC is responsible for the maintenance and concession management at the existing Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and concession management of the New Terminal A at EWR which is currently under development and is scheduled to open in spring of 2022. We are looking for an experienced;
Airport Systems Engineer
to join our team as soon as possible. You will be part of a quickly growing team, helping not only to create an attractive passenger terminal, but also to develop the Terminal Operator company with your expertise and personality.
Your Future Responsibilities
- Perform analysis and design on process systems for airport systems such as:
- Airport Operational Database (AODB)
- Resource Management System (RMS)
- Flight Information Display System (FIDS)
- Common Use Passenger Processing Systems (CUPPS)
- Common Use Passenger Processing Systems (CUSS)
- Information Technology Message Broker [ITMB)
- Baggage Reconciliation System (BRS)
- Visual Docking Guidance system (A-VDGS)
- Airport Operations Center (AOC)
- Ensure the availability of airport operational systems and provide maximum performance for the users.
- Coordinate with client and vendors and maintains good customer relations.
- Provide best practices for daily operations and suggest and implement performance improvements when necessary.
- Work with technical support and development teams to resolve engineering issues/problems.
Your Education & Training
- 10 + years hand on experience in Airport Operational Systems implementation mandatory and experience with SITA systems is an added advantage.
- Certification in Business Analysis, Application Development is preferred.
- Responsible for providing hands-on development, design, implementation, and support of business solutions based on Information Technology Message Broker (ITMB) and other relevant technologies.
- Very good knowledge and practical experience of the MS Office products (MS Word, MS Excel, MS, PowerPoint, MS Visio, and MS Project).
- Experience working in an airport environment is preferred.
- Very good knowledge in English (spoken and written), interpersonal and communication skills.
Your Skills & Experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Extremely proficient PowerPoint Skills
- Extremely proficient Excel Skills
- Stellar organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Has a positive and energetic attitude with a hands-on mentality
- Ability to work without direct supervision, taking responsibility, and ownership of assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment
Good reasons why you should become part of the airport family
- Be part of the team who embraces diversity, fosters collaboration, practices mentorship, and believes in a positive, healthy work climate.
- Help Munich Airport, Europe’s only 5-star Airport, to build on its reputation in the US.
- International working environment.
- Attractive benefit package; Health, Vision, Dental, 401(k) Matching, LTD/STD, PTO.
Munich Airport International US Holding and it's subdivisions EWR Terminal One LLC and Reach Airports are equal opportunity employers.
Munich Aiport US Holding LLC Company Overview
EWR Terminal One LLC is an US-based subsidiary of the German Airport Operator Munich Airport. EWR Terminal One LLC is responsible for the maintenance and concession management at the existing Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), and will be responsible for the operations, maintenance, and concession management of the New Terminal A at EWR which is currently under development and is scheduled to open in spring of 2022.