- Orlando, Florida
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Maintenance Controller job at National Airlines in Orlando FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
National Airlines, based in Orlando, FL, operates passenger charter service as well as customized military and commercial air cargo carriage worldwide. National Airlines specializes in over-sized, time sensitive, and special handling requirements, utilizing 757-200, 747-400 and A-330 aircraft to accomplish its missions.
Job Title: Maintenance Control
Location: Orlando Florida
Department: Maintenance Control
Reports To: Manager of Maintenance Control
FLSA Status: Exempt
· Uses real time aircraft monitoring applications to provide proactive resolution of in service discrepancies
· Central point of contact for front line Crewmembers, Business Partners and all other aircraft maintenance related matters
· Authority and responsibility for the supervision and coordination of all unscheduled maintenance functions that are accomplished using NAL procedures
· Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station activity.
· Focal point within the SOC for all aircraft maintenance related items and provides bi directional communications to business unit members as required by the General Maintenance Manual and internal operating procedures
· Provides real time recovery support for aircraft that are out of service, liaises with Maintenance, Aircraft on ground (AOG), Dispatch, and Flight Operations to establish a recovery plan of action
· Supports both NAL maintenance and Contract Maintenance Business Partners in all matters regarding aircraft maintenance. Overall authority over the application of the NAL maintenance process as outline in the General Maintenance Manual
· Coordinates with Flight Operations and Quality Control to resolve whether an inoperative item on aircraft can be deferred, allowing the aircraft to continue to its destination
· Advises Operations Control regarding aircraft status
· Supervises, directs, and works with company and contract maintenance personnel in troubleshooting aircraft and systems ensuring airworthiness in accordance with company maintenance manuals and procedures
· Assists flight crews with troubleshooting of problems.
· Retrieves technical information from aircraft manuals, company manuals, and other approved resources in order to troubleshoot, repair, and identify parts
· Coordinates procurement of parts and submit requisitions to purchasing
· Coordinates repairs and troubleshooting with company and contract maintenance personnel
· Provides current aircraft status to all departments
· Manages the Deferred Maintenance Program
· Reviews all aircraft log entries for accuracy and identifies MISR and SDR reportable items
· Monitors delays and completes delay reports
· Monitors aircraft fly away kits
· Performs other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibility: Some
· High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
· FAA Certificated mechanic with Airframe and Power plant ratings, and a minimum of three (3) years exercising the certificate
· Three (3) years maintenance experience on transport category aircraft, preferably Boeing 747, 757 and Airbus A330.
· Must be willing to travel domestically and, if required, internationally
· Valid, unrestricted Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States or ability to obtain one
· Five (5) years Maintenance Control experience preferred but not required.
· Two (2) years Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor experience, operating same type aircraft operated by National Airlines, preferred
· Must possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a record that meets our company’s insurance standards
· Must pass a background check which may include a pre-employment drug test and criminal history records check (CHRC)
· Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the position is located
· Excellent written and verbal skills required
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
· Ability to learn and use technical manuals, good mechanical aptitude and solve problems effectively
· Ability to stay focused and work under pressure
· Previous leadership experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Organized self-directed individual who is a team player with strong work ethic
· Must be able to prioritize effectively
· Strong analytical skills
· Must be punctual and Reliable.
· Airframe and Power plant Certificate
· Federal Communications Commission license, preferred
· Extended periods at work station, using a keyboard, viewing a computer screen and communicating by telephone and in person.
· Ability to lift up to a minimum of 70 pounds, and maneuver up to 125 with the appropriate equipment.
· Outside, and Office settings
· Work shift varies
· Must be able to travel for maintenance training and/or aircraft familiarization. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
National Air Cargo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions or other conditions of employment or career development. We take affirmative steps to hire and advance females, racial minorities, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities. We offer Reasonable Accommodations where necessary to candidates for employment and to our qualified employees with disabilities.
National Airlines Company Overview
With more than 800 employees worldwide, the National Family offers rewarding opportunities for professional growth through our affiliate organizations National Air Cargo and National Airlines. We invite you to become a part of our award-winning team, and contribute to meaningful work in aviation, transportation, and global logistics. As a National professional, you will enjoy competitive wages and exceptional benefits, plus you will work side-by-side with like-minded colleagues in a corporate environment that maintains strong core values, a relentless commitment to customer service, and an unwavering dedication to excellence. At National, we promote talent from within, and cultivate a culture where outstanding merit is met with meaningful reward. We provide the tools and training needed for ongoing professional growth, and facilitate development of new skills to meet changing requirements. We value achievement, and recognize those who go above and beyond to ensure mission success. If you share our commitment to providing the utmost care for passengers, cargo and customers, then we invite you to Go National. National Airlines is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.