AP Mechanic Featured
- Ft Lauderdale, Florida
- Job ID
AP Mechanic job at National Jets in Ft Lauderdale FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
National Jets is seeking an A & P Technician to join our team in the Ft. Lauderdale area. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for aviation, who has initiative and competence to make a significant contribution to the organization.
Perform aircraft maintenance, repairs and inspections to aircraft, engines and components for the National Jets Inc. part 135 air charter operation and part 145 Repair Station.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Know all of the procedures for the Repair Station, the use of the forms, tags and completing the required paperwork as outlined in NJI's Repair Station Manual (RSM)
- Perform maintenance/inspections to aircraft
- Have personal tools to perform your mechanic duties. To include hearing protection.
- Keep your supervisor's current and up to date with project and task you are performing to include any issue and setbacks.
- Perform Inspections and maintenance on company GSE
- Maintain aircraft in an airworthy condition by performing your work to a professional standard.
- Research maintenance task instruction guidance and parts required in manufacturer's maintenance manuals to perform the tasks given to you to accomplish.
- Correspond with Technical Representatives for problem solving when required or instructed. Make sure your tasks are documented for work perform or progressive signoffs at stopping points or completed; DAILY.
- Proper identification or tagging of all aircraft components when removed from an aircraft undergoing work. Component /Unit securing hardware is either secure to part or aircraft as required.
- Protecting aircraft interiors / exteriors prior to work commencement and daily upkeep in the areas your working. To protect aircraft from finger print on entryway, stairs, flooring, interiors components and high traffic areas on exterior paint to include foot prints.
- Clean up your work areas at completion of task as well as at end of shift daily. To include tooling return and cords / hoses coiled and stowed.
- Responsible for your own training records additions by recording of "on the job" (OJT) training with Inspection Department using the training forms.
- Stop all unsafe action when witnessed.
- Perform one monthly and/or weekly shop task for routine upkeep. This to be assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- A&P License
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of the Federal Aviation Regulations
- Communication Proficiency, both written and oral.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management
- Collaborative Skills/ Teamwork
- Mechanical Skills- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Systems Skills for computer hardware & software including applications
- Knowledgeable in OSHA regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Corporate Jet experience to include Gulfstream, Learjet’s, Challenger 604 and 300, Hawker, Falcon, Cessna Citation and other types of Corporate Business Jets.
- Strong Avionics background
- Associate Degree or higher degree in aviation or similar field of study.
- Technical vocational training and hands on experience in lieu of degree
- Five years’ experience in line / hangar maintenance and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience maintaining aircraft Ground Support Equipment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Maintenance
Work Environment: Work is regularly performed in a combination of office and shop environments and is regularly exposed to contaminants such as dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise. Environmental conditions in clued cramped work space, awkward positions.
Work Authorization/ Security Clearance: In accordance with applicable airport security regulations administered by the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration, and/or other local governing authorities, employee must obtain requisite security clearance and Broward County Aviation Department (BCAD) security badge as a condition of hire.
EEO Statement: Company will provide Equal Employment opportunities to qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
National Jets Company Overview
National Jets, founded in 1947 by the Boy brothers is a full-service aviation company providing award-winning customer service and a full complement of aviation services including- executive charter and aircraft management services, jet maintenance, and FBO services. Our fleet consists of the most modern charter aircrafts and are operated and maintained by National Jets. We have a deep passion for aviation and are looking for other passionate individuals to join our team. National operates its own fleet of “Next Generation” long range Learjet 45XR’s, and an ultra long range Gulfstream GV, serving executives and private individuals specializing in flights throughout North America, the Caribbean and Latin America from the company’s base at Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood Intl. The charter division has its large aircraft authorization from the FAA (10 passenger or more certification) and has their third party safety certification by ARG/US and Wyvern Wingman meeting the highest safety standards. In addition, National employs sales and flight dispatch support staff and aircraft airframe, power plant, avionics technicians, inspectors, parts procurement, and upper management maintenance staff to support the company’s flight operations and aircraft. National has its own FAA Part 145 licensed Maintenance and Repair facility which not only provides all maintenance support of the company’s charter aircraft, but also provides maintenance support for any clients flying their own jets into Ft. Lauderdale International. National Jets Air Center (NJAC) is the longest running private jet terminal / fixed base operation on Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood International. NJAC not only provides the hangared FAA licensed maintenance facility and fuel farm for the National Jets’ fleet aircraft, but also offers its award winning, personalized services to guests flying into and out of the airport utilizing corporate aircraft. NJAC, established in the 1960’s and expanded upon in the early 1990’s, year after is year is awarded the highest service ratings in the industry. Voted on by pilots, National Jets Air Center has achieved ratings in the top 10 of all FBO’s in the United States for the past 16 years and NJAC has been voted #1 in the country multiple times.