Sr Aviation Maintenance Technician
- Mankato, Minnesota
- Job ID
Sr Aviation Maintenance Technician job at North Star Aviation in Mankato MN
Description, duties, responsibilities
Work with the Director of Maintenance to ensure quality of the maintenance work performed on North Star Aviation and general aviation aircraft meet or exceed all aviation regulatory and North Star Aviation standards, timely, and within budget.
- Perform 100 hour, annual, phase inspections, planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Must be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and return aircraft to service.
- Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required
- Mentor and develop the skills of other mechanics in the maintenance department.
- Must have extensive knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions, including aircraft accessories, components and other hardware.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all current FAA regulations and FAR 145 Repair Station Procedures.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of all ATA codes.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on various types of aircraft
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor or manager
- Must be willing to complete tasks outside of your job descriptions to assist other company departments when called upon.
- Frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, pulling.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. routinely and up to 100 lbs. occasionally
- Frequent work in small places, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet and noisy environments.
Education & Experience:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5-7 years of documented experience performing maintenance on general aviation aircraft.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
- FAA Inspector Authorization designation or ability to acquire within 90 days of hire.
- Turbine/ Turbo prop experience preferred
- Must be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and participate in a DOT regulated drug testing program.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace
North Star Aviation Company Overview
Since 1991 North Star Aviation has been the FBO for the Mankato, Minnesota Regional Airport. Located just outside Mankato, North Star Aviation works in coordination with Minnesota State University – Mankato to provide a part 141 learning environment. We are also partnered with Bowling Green Flight Center based out of Bowling Green, Ohio as well as Premier Flight Center out of Springfield, Missouri. North Star Aviation has about 75 employees with 40+ being flight instructors and we are always looking to expand our passionate workforce. Along with that passion we offer a fun and fast paced learning environment. Mankato is the hub of south-central Minnesota and offers all the restaurants, bars, retail stores and fun your heart desires. There are also many small towns in the area with quick commutes to work if you like the small-town vibe. North Star Aviation also has an FAA approved maintenance facility that serves our fleet for the college as well as private customers. Services include: Turbine Maintenance Piston Maintenance Major and minor repairs, including sheet metal Annual Inspections Avionics Parts Shop And More! If you’re looking for your next opportunity and are passionate about what you do, come join us at North Star Aviation.