Aircraft Avionics Technician Featured
- Brainerd, Minnesota
- Job ID
Aircraft Avionics Technician job at NorthPoint Aviation in Brainerd MN
Description, duties, responsibilities
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with a great company.
- Vacation time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- 401K plan
- Basic life insurnace
- Growth opportunities
- Community involvement
- Perform maintenance /repairs on all aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components such as airborne navigation and communication systems autopilot systems weather radar transponder pitot static systems compass systems instruments and accessories.
- Become familiar and proficient with all shop test and maintenance gear.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments components and assemblies using circuit testers oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Must be able to perform all avionics functions unsupervised at any time.
Maintain a clean and neat work area.
Help with other housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Perform other activities and projects as approved by the Director of Maintenance.
- Must be familiar with and be able to read and understand maintenance manuals / wiring schematics and have at minimum basic knowledge and experience with general computer applications.
(i.e. Microsoft Word Excel Power Point etc.)
- Basic knowledge of wire harness fabrication pitot static RVSM systems testing and repair preferred.
- Able to maintaining repair station records and documents as required.
- Assist co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in aviation electronics or related subjects is required (FCC License Preferred)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints schematics and coordinate work with that of technicians and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Ability to set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform simulated functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending stooping kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin Honeywell (Bendix/King) L-3 Aspen Avidyne PS Engineering JPI Instruments and/or (S-Tec) is a plus.
- Ability to operate computer-aided drafting and design applications to design avionics system modifications is a plus.
- FAA A&P mechanic a Plus.
NorthPoint Aviation Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.