Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
List All NorthPoint Aviation Jobs
From: $18.00 To: $27.00
NorthPoint Aviation is looking for a detail-oriented, technical person trained in avionics to fill our full time avionics technician position at our Brainerd, MN location. NorthPoint Aviation is a growing, full-service fixed base operation, providing fuels sales, new and used aircraft sales, light & heavy aircraft maintenance, aircraft avionics & instrument repairs and installations, aircraft management and flight training. We are also an authorized Quest Kodiak service center and have factory trained maintenance technicians with over 45 years of combined experience.
NorthPoint Aviation is conveniently located at the Brainerd Lakes Airport in Brainerd, MN. The Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota is a premier area known for world-class golfing, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, snowmobiling, Kayaking and The region is an outdoor paradise, boasting more than 500 lakes and rivers as well as beautiful parks and forests.
The avionics technician will perform maintenance on aircraft avionics components and electrical systems components, such as airborne navigation and communication systems, autopilot systems, weather radar, transponder, pitot static systems, compass systems, instruments and accessories.
- Testing and troubleshooting instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Installation of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and/or soldering irons.
- Adjusting, repairing, or replacing malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and/or soldering irons.
- Troubleshooting, repair, testing, installation and inspection of aircraft electronic equipment and systems.
- Removal and reassembly of aircraft interior and instrument panels.
- Fabrication and testing of avionics systems wiring harnesses, Pitot-Static/RVSM systems testing and repair.
- Fabrication of parts and test aids as required and maintaining repair station records and documents as required.
- Assist co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree or equivalent in aviation electronics or related subjects is required. (FCC License).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and schematics and coordinate work with that of engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
- Ability to set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform simulated functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and above average computer skills and proficiency.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs and be able to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks which include bending, stooping, kneeling and working overhead for long periods of time.
- Previous experience with the following manufacturers preferred: Garmin, Honeywell (Bendix/King), L-3, Aspen, Avidyne, PS Engineering, JPI Instruments and/or Genosys Aerosystems (S-Tec) is a plus.
- Ability to operate computer-aided drafting and design applications to design avionics system modifications is a plus.
- FAA A&P a Plus.
- Must be able to pass background check, drug test, employment verifications, and I9/E-Verify
Salary: $18 - $27/hr. based on experience.
For additional information please contact:
16384 Airport Road, Suite 8
Brainerd, MN 56401
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Avionics Technician job at NorthPoint Aviation
Apply for this Avionics Technician position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!