Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
NorthStar Helicopters, LLC located in Juneau Alaska is currently accepting resumes for full time, year-round, USA FAA Certified Aircraft Maintenance Technicians (A&P).
NorthStar operates the Airbus Helicopters (formally Eurocopter) AS350 Series Helicopters with Safran Helicopter Engines (formally Turbomeca) Arriel Series Engines.
NorthStar is a 14 CFR Part 135 On Demand Air Taxi Operator that is involved in Tourism, Heli-skiing, DOI/BLM/USFS, External Load, Executive transport and many other areas of the helicopter industry. We are standing members of: Helicopter Association International (HAI), Tour Operators of Safety (TOPS) and the Alaska Air Carriers Association (AACA).
NorthStar’s web-site is: www.northstartrekking.com, please check it out to get a better idea of what we do.
Responsibilities of the position(s) include:
- Preventive maintenance, scheduled & unscheduled maintenance, minor & major repairs and alterations, and inspections on company owned helicopters. Aircraft systems include (but not limited to): structures (metal and composite), hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, electrical systems, dynamic drive system, and engine & related components.
- Continuous adherence to applicable manufacturer's documentation which include (but not limited to): airframe & its components, engine, and particular modifications.
- Accomplishment/completeness of appropriate paperwork that includes (but not limited to): airframe & engine maintenance logbooks, inspection checklist(s), and weight & balance forms.
- Adherence to U.S Civil Laws & Regulations that pertain to (but not limited to) aviation (CFR's), safety (OSHA), transportation (DOT), state statutes, and local ordinances.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Be a US Citizen and be eligible to work in the US,
- Possess both FAA Airframe & Powerplant Certificates (with no violations),
- Possess a current and clean State issued drivers license,
- Possess a current US Passport (and/or Passport Card),
- Possess and own basic hand tools (metric is more useful than SAE),
- Pass a FAA/Government, past employer, and drug & alcohol background checks,
- Pass, with "negative" results, a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening prior to being offered employment.
Ideal candidates may also have/be:
- Helicopter experience,
- Airbus Helicopter AS350 series experience,
- Safran Helicopter Engines Arriel series experience,
- Flexible to scheduling (days, nights and weekends),
- Willing to accept tasks as assigned,
- Willing to work alone or in remote areas when necessary,
- Willing to work in all weather conditions (rain, wind, snow) when necessary,
- Willing to travel when requested,
- Able to lift up to 40-50 pounds unassisted,
- Able to climb, stand and work on ladders and platforms,
- Able to climb onto and open aircraft cowlings and doors unassisted,
- Able to work in small confined spaces,
- Willing to submit to random drug and/or alcohol screening(s),
- Practice safe work habits.
Ideal candidates are expected to possess the following attributes:
- Good attitude,
- Clean and neat appearance,
- Accept responsibility,
- Exercise good judgment,
- Produce quality work.
NorthStar Trekking's compensation and benefits include:
- Pay depending upon years in aviation maintenance and experience level,
- 6 months housing (single occupancy),
- Medical, health, and dental,
- Vacation and sick days (5 vacation/3 sick starting after one year non-cumulative),
- Six (6) paid holidays per year,
- Participation in company 401(k) after one year.
To discuss employment options please contact: Jeffrey Wiederspohn, Assistant Director of Maintenance, telephone: 907-790-1812, Fax 907-790-4419, or email: When emailing please make every effort to send your resume in PDF or Word (.doc or .docx) format.
NorthStar Helicopters, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send resume in MS Word or PDF format
A P Techincians Needed job at NorthStar Helicopters
Apply for this A P Techincians Needed position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!