Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
Engineer Software 3 (Hunter UAS)
Requisition ID: 17026113
Location(s): United States-Arizona-Sierra Vista
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Engineer Software 3 to provide software engineering support to the Unmanned Systems Integration Center Depot in Sierra Vista Arizona as well as flight lines in the area in support of the Hunter Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) program.
The responsibilities of the selected candidate will include but are not limited to:
Designs develops documents tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning design development and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent output requirements input data acquisition programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers utility programs and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Additionally the selected individual may also be expected to provide contributions to the code base. Interaction with senior management technical lead team lead quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders on a regular basis is expected.
• 5 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• The candidate must have strong operating system skills including some networking skills and familiarity with areas including: embedded Linux VMware ESXi Windows Server
• Candidate will be able to install and configure operating systems including Solaris Windows and Linux.
• Candidate will be able to write and modify shell scripts along with knowledge on databases and SQL.
• Candidate will create modify and maintain technical documentation including product installation configuration and user manuals product specifications and other technical manuals.
• PC and Microsoft Windows system administration skills are also necessary.
• Ability to travel approximately 10% to domestic locations
• Strong technical writing skills are a plus.
• Hardware experience working with items such as hard disk drives networking devices graphics cards connectors cables and avionics.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer making decisions without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender identity marital status national origin age veteran status disability or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer Software 3 (Hunter UAS)
Location: Arizona-Sierra Vista
Requisition ID: 17026113
Please sign in to apply for this job.