Please Register or sign in to apply for jobs using our automated tools and professional resume builder.
location on map is approximate
Systems Administrator 4 Windows UNIX AIX Solaris & Linux OS
Ft Greely, AK
Systems Administrator 4 - Windows UNIX AIX Solaris & Linux OS
Requisition ID: 17024102
Location(s): United States-Alaska-Fort Greely
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes 10 % of the Time
The candidate selected for this position will perform duties as the System Lead responsible for the integration and smooth operations of a maintenance team consisting of Network Administrators IFICS Data Terminal maintenance personnel and System Administrators. Will coordinate de-conflict and schedule maintenance tasks for the team. Ensure available resources and personnel meet mission needs. Conduct training as necessary to maintain certifications. Attend site meeting and produce presentations for the prime contractor and Government customer as needed. The candidate will also maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems including coordination with network administrators. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Ancillary duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts maintaining system documentation tuning system performance installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space. Contributes to the development of new concepts techniques and standards. Considered expert in field within the organization. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform complex tasks. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives. Most assignments are complex and performed independently without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence the future course of the organization. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would result in the expenditure of large amounts of company resources as well as problems with customer satisfaction. Serves as consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the organization on major matters pertaining to its policies plans and objectives. Acts as an advisor to management and customers.- Responsible for the daily maintenance activities of the GFC/C maintainers including System Admins Field Engineers and CTSC/Harris sub-contractors.- Provides technical advice and guidance on installation adaptation configuration or enhancement of company technical products programs and systems.- Provides expertise for resolving technical problems troubleshoots product and coordinates modifications to product in accordance with customer requirements.- Work will be done at customer site. Responsible for ensuring the NG site manager and the NG Operations managers are kept informed of maintenance activities that affect the site.- Position requires occasional travel and internal military and customer interface.- Candidate needs to be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with a variety of military and government customers and prime contractor.
To be considered for this position you must minimally meet the knowledge skills and abilitieslistedbelow;
· Bachelors Degree with 10 years of related experience. 8 Years of related experience with Masters Degree. Experience in IT field as a System Engineer Specializing in UNIX AIX Solaris and Linux based applications can be considered in lieu of a college degree.
· Active Secret Clearance and ability to get a Top Secret Security Clearance.
· CompTIA certification meeting DoD 8570 requirements.
· Experience with UNIX AIX Solaris and Linux based operating systems.
· Experience with Windows operating systems.
· Knowledge of maintenance practices and logistics.
· Strong work ethic demonstrated problem solving ability willingness to learn new skills and proactiveapproach.
· Ability to lead a diverse team of maintenance personnel.
· Strong skills in creating and following documented processes and checklists.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:- Knowledge of Military command control and communication systems.- Experience working with Sun Solaris platforms GBI Maintenance Manager Missile Field Emulator andCLEhardware.- Process Mission Procedure and Checklist oriented.- SUN Solaris/IBM AIX System Administrator experience a plus.- Experience in communications equipment/GFC/C log file analysis.- Familiarity with missile defense programs GMD Communications network functionality and GMD FireControl /Communications functionality.- Experience as a maintainer and familiar with logistics and use of the MMICS database.Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer making decisions without regard to race color religion creed sex sexual orientation gender identity marital status national origin age veteran status disability or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
_Systems Administrator 4 - Windows UNIX AIX Solaris & Linux OS_Location:
Systems Administrator 4 Windows UNIX AIX Solaris Linux OS job at Northrop Grumman
Apply for this Systems Administrator 4 Windows UNIX AIX Solaris & Linux OS position today
Please sign in to apply for this job.
Apply for these great jobs today!