Director of Aviation Programs and Sikes Center Urgent
- Niceville, Florida
- Annual Salary $55,413.00 - $73,044.00
- Job ID
Director of Aviation Programs and Sikes Center job at Northwest Florida State College in Niceville FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
- Provide overall administration, management, and leadership for the Aviation Programs and Crestview Campus (Sikes Center).
- Work with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) as required to develop and maintain FAA approved programs.
- Provide oversight of selected grants, projects, education, and training partnerships entered into between the College and private/public sector employers, organizations, or agencies.
- Serve as spokesperson of the Aviation Programs with other departments, administrative offices, the community, and advisory committees holding at least two advisory committees each year.
- Teach zero (0) to six (6) credit hours per academic term and assist in student registration.
- Support college activities to enhance positive image of the college in the community.
- Represent the Aviation Programs on the College Curriculum Committee and keep the faculty in the department fully informed regarding committee activities and recommendations.
- Act as liaison for the Aviation Programs among faculty, staff, and students. Be available to the full and part-time faculty (day and evening) for assistance in the performance of their assigned duties.
- Develop, in conjunction with department faculty Dean, and Vice President of Academic Affairs of class schedules.
- Work cooperatively with the Dean of Career and Technical Education in identifying, recruit, and recommending to the President, via the Vice President of Academic Affairs any new full-time faculty, part-time faculty, or clerical personnel.
- Determine needs of the department for student assistants and lab assistants, and submit requests to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, subsequently ensuring proper supervision, reporting, evaluation, and use of such assistance.
- Provide necessary evaluative data and recommendations for recognition of excellence among faculty members and office personnel in the department, and for review and/or discontinuance in the case of reduction in force or of ineffective or unsuitable performance.
- Implement selection and updating of textbooks and other materials and keep a record of such materials maintained in the official course syllabus file in the Vice President of Academic Affairs office.
- Be the point person as student and program learning objects are developed, evaluated, gathered, and reported.
- Coordinate and facilitate effective academic advisement of students department wide.
- Develop, in conjunction with the department faculty, and coordinate the department budget.
- Manage the department budget, process all purchase requisitions for the department, and maintain accurate and positive control over department expenditures.
- Master's degree or higher in Aerospace Engineering or closely related discipline or Master's with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in area of specialization required. Must be from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution.
- FAA Mechanic Certificate with rating in Airframe and Powerplant and/or FAA Pilot required.
- Experience operating an Airframe and Powerplant program preferred.
- Eligible to teach based on faculty qualification with a minimum of three (3) years of successful teaching experience at the postsecondary level preferred.
- Administrative experience in a postsecondary educational setting preferably with experience in new program development preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication required.
- Demonstrated commitment to community involvement required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Work experience in the higher education setting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Location: Niceville and Crestview Campus
FLSA Status: Exempt
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Electronic copies of transcripts. (All degrees must be from a regionally-accredited postsecondary institution.)
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Northwest Florida State College Company Overview
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates. If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.