- West Harrison, New York
- Job ID
Tech job at OneSky Flight in West Harrison NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Are you interested in becoming a part of an innovative in-house maintenance facility working on private aircraft?
Flexjet an award winning organizationis currently looking for an experienced Avionics Technician to join our Maintenance Department. This position will be responsible for performing functional tests removing installing and troubleshooting the avionics systems and components of our aircraft. This position is based in White Plains New York.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform quality avionics installations on our production aircraft
- Ability to perform in-depth diagnostics on aircraft avionics components and systems
- Ensure all work completed on aircraft complies with all technical publications and FAA regulations
- Complete and sign maintenance and installation documents
- Ensure accuracy and completion of all work as assigned
- Ability to read and understand schematic and wiring diagrams
- Test avionics equipment under simulated or actual operating conditions to determine performance and airworthiness
- Adjust repair or replace defective components based on analysis of test results following blueprints schematics handbooks and other technical documents
- Analyze and develop solutions to electronic problems
- Calibrate installed or repaired equipment to prescribed specifications
- Present a clean and neat work area
- Demonstrate professionalism and deliver satisfaction to the internal/external customer
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelors degree in avionics aviation technology or aviation maintenance management; 3-5 years directly related aviation experience (corporate aircraft experience preferred); equivalent combination of education and experience
- Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is required
- Strong trouble-shooting skills
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- Prior experience working on company airframes
- Prior Repairmen Certificate holder a plus but not required
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit climb balance stoop kneel crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision color vision peripheral vision depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be highly motivated and work effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Possess proven inspection competencies
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Must be detail-oriented and well organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and work effectively with others
OneSky Flight Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.