Material Support Lead Featured
- West Harrison, New York
- Job ID
Material Support Lead job at OneSky Flight in West Harrison NY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Flexjet is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our Material Services team as the Material Support Lead based in our White Plains NY (HPN) facility. Overall this position ensures consistent policy and oversight for the cost effective management and optimum performance of all Stores activities in support of Maintenance Operations. Functions include Maintaining Accurate Inventory Controlling and managing all Standard Operating Procedures as they relate to shipping receiving reporting Inventory Planning and Management Materials Information Systems Warehousing and Logistics Fleet Provisioning and orderly disposition of Surplus Material. The Material Support Lead reports directly to the Manager Line Stores.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall direction coordination and evaluation of line stores facility.
- Successfully manage the day-to-day operations in a manner consistent with the operating vision develop effective policies and procedures and balance inventory levels while achieving high service expectations with minimal inventory investment.
- Oversee Material Line Stores function to insure that all immediate stocking issuing requisitioning of a component in a cost effective manner while meeting operational objectives.
- Determine material requirements to meet corporate objectives by planning for future requirements including all scheduled maintenance events and S/B incorporation.
- Oversee the core return process to insure that all components are returned to avoid financial penalty.
- Direct oversight of all material assets to insure adequate controls are in place to protect the $55MIL inventory investment.
- Partnering with Procurement to introduce new procurement agreements and component repair strategies to reduce material and service costs while maintaining quality and support.
- Oversee the repair process of sending corporate owned assets to repair.
- Establish necessary procedures to enhance the Material organization.
- Develop analytical tools to support supply chain policies and procedures. Champion software solutions to drive efficiencies.
- Oversee the expediting effort of all materials in support of line operating aircraft with a cost effective logistics network and warehouse configuration working closely with the Manager Material Services.
- Review and participate in manufacturer s provisioning issues and negotiations
- Develop and oversee the surplus/excess material strategy.
- Perform managerial responsibilities and recommend related actions i.e. Hire/fire disciplinary actions Performance Evaluations training and certifications work assignments and scheduling.
- Ensure compliance with Hazmat updates training and recertification of Materials Employees
- Perform related duties as required.
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or Aviation Management or related discipline preferred; Masters degree in Aviation Management Industrial Engineering or related a plus or a combination of Education and Experience.
- Ten years related experience and/or training preferably in the Aerospace/Aviation/Airline industry with knowledge of fractional jet operations a plus or equivalent combination of education and experience APIC certification desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulation (FAR) in regard to Part 91 121 or 135 airline operations required.
- Knowledge of Inventory Accounting and other Material Management/Supply Chain financial principals desired.
- Knowledge of value analysis techniques a plus.
- Successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who works effectively under pressure and time constraints with the ability to multi-task and lead within a team environment.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills professionalism and fanatical attention to detail.
- Required to meet deadlines must be comfortable prioritizing tasks and demonstrate flexibility display a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of Windows and MS Office programs.
- Must be well organized and able to obtain a high level of familiarity quickly.
- Ability and willingness to work nights weekends and overtime as required.
- Travel required (10-15%).
OneSky Flight Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.