Aviation Supply Technician Featured
- Oak Harbor, Washington
- Job ID
Aviation Supply Technician job at PAE in Oak Harbor WA
Description, duties, responsibilities
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Aviation Supply Technician
Perform inventory management storage management cataloging property utilization related to Organizational local or other supply activities. Work within a framework of established supply regulations policies and procedures or other governing supply management guidelines. Deal with a variety of operating officials regarding limited aspects of program needs of the organization serviced. Contacts may relate to inventory requirements in a stable or standardized organization and to the adequate description or identification of less complex items which are new to the system.
1. Responsible for inventory management of decentralized and decontrolled items including supplies and equipment.
2. Responsible for material coordination for special programs maintenance or production shops and for cataloging supply channels of a particular agency or field establishment.
3. May contact representatives of commercial firms to obtain information regarding new items of supply item characteristics or procurement lead time; or representatives of government agencies (Federal State or local) regarding the utilization of property.
4. As directed perform a variety of warehousing duties which require an understanding of the establishments storage plan.
5. Verify materials (or merchandise) against receiving documents noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages.
6. Route materials to prescribed storage locations.
7. Store stack or palletize materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods.
8. Rearrange and take inventory of stored materials.
9. Examine stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment.
10. May operate hand or power trucks in performing warehousing duties.
11. Perform miscellaneous quality assurance duties including inspections inventory process checks inspecting and examining materials article inspections etc.
12. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work is performed in a shop environment aircraft hangars flight line and shipboard that are moderately lighted heated and ventilated to extreme weather conditions outside is exposed to disagreeable fumes and to cuts and bruises from using tools in close placed and hazards of moving vehicles such as forklifts sweepers tow vehicles and aircraft. May be required to work in areas that are noisy dusty and dirty. May be exposed to moderate discomforts such as heat cold and wind. Frequently lifts items weighing 40-45 pounds and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds kneeling standing and walking routinely sitting and constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication constant mental alertness must possess planning/organizing skills and must be able to work under deadlines. The noise level in the work environment hangars flight line and shipboard flight deck is usually loud or may include unsafe conditions questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
High school degree or equivalent with three (3) years of material/supply functions either in the military services on in commercial applications required.
Knowledge of governing supply systems/programs policies nomenclature work methods manuals or other established guidelines is required.
Analytical ability to define problems collect necessary data establish facts and to take recommended action based upon applicable established guidelines.
Experience is desired in the following systems of LAMS OOMA NALCOMIS ASKIT FEDLOG ONE TOUCH SUPPORT DSS-MRO DLA Tracking System DOD EMALL NAVSUP Weapon Systems Support Asset Visibility System and other applicable procurement systems associated with aviation maintenance operations.
Possess a valid drivers license and be able to obtain a government driving permit to include forklift truck
Ability to pass and maintain secret security clearance required.
Ability to pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned task.
Position requires travel.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race religion color sex gender national origin age United States military veterans status ancestry sexual orientation marital status family structure medical condition including genetic characteristics or information veteran status or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation or any other protected category under federal state or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
PAE Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.