Aircraft Avionics Technician Hot
- Bridgeport, West Virginia
- Job ID
Aircraft Avionics Technician job at PDS Tech in Bridgeport WV
Description, duties, responsibilities
PDS is seeking Avionic Technicians for open positions in Bridgeport West Virginia.
In your role you will:
- Provides leadership technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft.
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and acft systems operational testing and troubleshooting
- Perform repairs and modifications as required.
- Perform inspections as required by maintenance programs modification and inspection packages.
- Advise supervisor/lead of job status at all times.
- Perform assigned work to establish standards and estimates routinely.
- Perform system functional tests as required by maintenance programs and logically diagnose malfunctions.
- Must be able to understand and interpret prints
- Troubleshoot repair install inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations
- Assist in providing time estimates
- Assist in performing complex repairs on aircraft systems
- Return A/C to service after maintenance at off-site locations (if certified)
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- May assist in creation of service orders with SAP or applicable operating systems
- May assist in complete engine and / or APU runs
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- MRO experience required/Modification experience
- You have an A license
- You have a Valid Drivers license
- You have completed Avionics / electric A/C Technical School or other substantiated equivalent
- You have 1 + years avionics work experience or substantiated equivalent experience
- You have the ability to read and understand electrical engineering drawings
- You have the ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- You own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools
- You will obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment Qualifications as required
- You are able to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- You are able to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- You are able to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) (if applicable)
- You have basic PC skills
- MRO/Modification Experience
- You have a GROL (General Radiotelephone Operator License) or AET (Aircraft Electronics Technician) Certificate
- You have experience on corporate jet aircraft / commercial aircraft
- You have Client aircraft model experience
- You have the demonstrated ability to train other employees
PDS Tech Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977 PDS Tech Inc. is one of the nations premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace Defense Electronics Telecommunications Automotive and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation track record and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
PDS Tech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.