Production Planners Aerospace Hot
- Cypress, California
- Job ID
Production Planners Aerospace job at PDS Tech in Cypress CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
PDS TECH is looking for Production Planners for an Aerospace Client in Cypress CA.
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning activities to assure successful delivery of the product.
This position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties associated with product manufacture planning including producing schedules material lists and production plans.
- Evaluates shortages andmanages prompt solutions keeping appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as required.
- Analyzes demand and plans supply in accordance ensures efficient and quality execution of requirements and purchasing action messages manages supplier delivery quality and cost performance and improvement.
- Ensures material flow and production activity are aligned.
- Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and coordinate any changes
- Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
- Supports testing and certification requirements for new programs
- Preserves engineering revision control
- Key User for ERP system; Confirm accuracy of pertinent data in the company ERP system
- Collaborates with stakeholders on lead times planning items and any related elements
- Performs root cause analysis activities related to planning
- Provide leadership coaching and/or mentoring to less experienced staff; may act as a lead or first-level supervisor.
- Performs work under minimal supervision
- Handles complex issues and problems and escalates only the most complex issues to higher level staff.
Education: Bachelor s Degree or equivalent experience
Experience: 0-2 (Junior) to 5+ years (for Senior) of production planning and/or material planning experience
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
- MS Office Skills (Excel PowerPoint)
- Experience with an MRP system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP) requirements purchase order and manufacturing order generation process logic and inventory management practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational concepts surrounding production planning inventory control purchasing stockroom operation and shipping and receiving.
- Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials standards parts and commodities related to aircraft lavatory production.
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and assignments with attention to detail
- Problem solving well organized detailed oriented and accurate
- Ability to read and analyze engineering prints and drawings
- Dedication and commitment to ensure all work is completed without exception.
- Willingness to learn and develop new competencies
- Strong written and verbal business communications abilities
- Self-starter with ability to drive improvement meet timeliness and objectives
- Identifying problems working with teams to solve through leading actions collaboratively
- Ability to analyze and communicate requirements
- Ability to negotiate influence and win respect
- Ability to make timely decisions and take action
- Ability to provide information regarding tasks plans schedule and strategy to stakeholders
- Customer service oriented
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
- Bachelor s degree in business supply chain or program management
- Previous supply chain/purchasing/sourcing experience
- Experience reading and analyzing engineering prints and drawings
PDS Tech Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977 PDS Tech Inc. is one of the nations premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace Defense Electronics Telecommunications Automotive and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation track record and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
PDS Tech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.