Aircraft Electrician Installer Featured
- Mobile, Alabama
- Job ID
Aircraft Electrician Installer job at PDS Tech in Mobile AL
Description, duties, responsibilities
Our Client in Mobile AL is seeking candidates to fill an Aircraft Electrician Installer position.
Responsible for completing electrical installations and connections which include Basic Aircraft installation Cabin Installations Cockpit and Cargo and Ground Test.
- Perform tests and inspections including but not limited to: the preparation and change of programs checks system functions in compliance with work orders inspects earth connections performs continuity tests including ground test inspection start of operation trouble shooting debugging entering of measured values and documenting same in the SAP system
- Installs and produces electrical components at the station as per order including collecting reading comparing and set-up
- Prepares electrical components at the station or workplace according to work order including marking preparing laying connecting assembling bundling painting and soldering of parts assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Adapts torques and secures electrical components including: equipment panels printed circuit boards sections and the documentation of works and queries (e.g. PIR Book outstanding work folio items)
- Responsible for the sequencing and performance of work and subsequent results
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent form of education.
- Completion of a technology Certification of Training program from a post-secondary institution or a previous employer and documentation of same.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by the Company after recruitment:
- Health and Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality training
- Degree as an electronic technician or 5 years of valuable experience on test benches.
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent required
- 5+ years hands-on experience in Aviation Production
- Vision:adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing:able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking:able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation:Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Carrying:able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting:able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
- Pushing/Pulling:able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting:able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling:Able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights:able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Standing:able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel:able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking:able to walk through office and production areas around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.
PDS Tech Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977 PDS Tech Inc. is one of the nations premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace Defense Electronics Telecommunications Automotive and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation track record and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
PDS Tech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.