Customer Order Specialist Aog Featured
- Ashburn, Virginia
- Job ID
Customer Order Specialist Aog job at PDS Tech in Ashburn VA
Description, duties, responsibilities
PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Customer Order Specialist in Ashburn VA
The AOG Customer Order Specialist (Contract) is responsible for responding to customer inquiries and processing orders for spare parts aircraft for customers in the Americas region 24-hours 365 days a year. This position provides high-priority and emergency logistical sales and technical product support for customers related to material logistics and supplier issues and purchase orders.
Order Processing: 60%
- Process customer orders quotations initial order receipts order entry sourcing escalation backorders general logistics etc. for aircraft parts and services in response to customer needs.
- Provide requested information on part availability cost sourcing returns discrepancies transportation delivery and follow up to meet customer expectations.
- Follow-up with Hamburg AOG to ensure all efforts are being made to satisfy orders supplied via production and suppliers. Liaison between American customers product links in Europe and AIRTAC to ensure efficient handling of orders.
- Ensure customer shipping specifications are followed for critical orders and resolve discrepancies working with internal and external customers. Communicate potential urgent situations on critical orders and explore technical solutions.
- Identify and direct customers to proper source for supplier-related material if required. Provide feedback and reporting to supplier management group on supplier performance.
Relationship Building: 20%
- Engage in basic level relationship-building with customers emphasizing the positive services and qualities of the Group to encourage customer confidence and grow the business.
- Identify alternative solutions and steer customers to proper sources for required material to ensure complete customer service and satisfaction.
Technical Support: 10%
- Respond to technical inquiries utilizing Technical Documentation and liaising with technical and engineering departments to respond to customer inquiries.
Other duties as assigned: 10%
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- An Associates Degree in Business Sales Administration or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A./B.S. in business engineering or related field is preferred.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Experience in the aviation industry or military support environment is preferred.
Knowledge Skills Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with customers managers and team members.
- Ability to understand and follow Export Compliance regulations required.
- Ability to reference Technical Documentation and provide information requested by customers.
- Knowledge of aircraft parts would be advantageous.
- Has demonstrated a high professional integrity and ethical standards.
- Has demonstrated a high level of energy persistence and "can do" attitude.
- Detail oriented and self-driven.
Communication Skills (Spoken Written Influencing Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong command of English written and verbal.
- Knowledge of other European languages highly desirable (German French Spanish etc).
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- PC literacy including intermediate word processing spreadsheet and database skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word Excel Power Point Outlook ...)
- Basic knowledge of SAP preferred
- Up to 5 % Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
Decision Making Complexity:
- Able to provide answers to complex technical inquiries related to ordering airplane parts and services.
- Able to decide to escalate order processing and material sourcing issues to management.
This role is in a department working 24 hours per day 7 days per week 365 days per year. It will be a requirement for the individual to rotate through all work schedules associated with this team.
Job Dimensions Contributions to Success:
- Able to respond to customers with efficiency and engage in positive interpersonal exchanges with customers to build confidence in the Group.
- Able to efficiently process orders in order to contribute to overall company profitability.
Nature of Contacts:
Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
PDS Tech Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color sex sexual orientation gender identity religion national origin disability veteran status age marital status pregnancy genetic information or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977 PDS Tech Inc. is one of the nations premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace Defense Electronics Telecommunications Automotive and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation track record and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
PDS Tech Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.