Operations Specialist Aerospace Hot
- Medley, Florida
- Job ID
Operations Specialist Aerospace job at PGL in Medley FL
Description, duties, responsibilities
To meet or exceed the expectations of our clients each and every time we are of service to them. To respond quickly and proactively to challenges in order to facilitate a quick and positive solution. To unselfishly perform any job related task with appositive attitude and a high degree of accuracy. To help fellow team members in your department as well as other departments when they may need it. To build strong working relationships with our present client base.
- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Define performance metrics for measurement comparison or evaluation of supply chain factors such as distribution cost or availability.
- Analyze customer needs to determine how to increase service scope reduce waste or optimize customer service.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas such as sales marketing finance production or quality assurance.
- Assist with the negotiation of prices and terms with suppliers and/or vendors.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics to provide performance feedback or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions new business opportunities or cost reduction strategies.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Participate in the coordination of new facilities implementation.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Select transportation solutions to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes such as workflows cycle times position responsibilities or system flows.
- Develop forecasts or standard cost lists.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load unload move or store materials.
- Understand and utilize all standard procedures
- Generating P.O.D. exception reports for your station
- Utilize exception reports as tracing worksheets
- Utilize exception reports as tracing worksheets.
- Utilize all pertinent aspects of the PGL phone system.
- Utilize all pertinent published resources.
- Obtain proof of deliveries on all shipments generated by your station.
- Give proof of deliveries flight information shipment history and other computer accessed information upon client request.
- Utilize the computer system on every call received or made.
- When requested be able to supply Shipment location and status Last action taken on the shipment every shipment and full shipment history.
- Follow up on every shipment generated by your station.
- Recognize potential challenges in routing and pay special attention to them.
- On every call note all pertinent information received or given in the memo section of the alert screen.
- Update any changes in regards to routing in the Routing section of the Alert screen.
- Accrue accurate cost looking out for the financial interest of our clients and PGL.
- Justifying agent charges by noting any special requirements relevant to the services provided.
- Send out information to start the preliminary carrier claims process.
- Generate turnover log for fellow employees each day.
Ability to worka team based variable Nights schedule including overtime weekends and holidays
Education and Experience
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years of aviation/aerospace operations logistics experience with a Freight Forwarder / 3PL organization
AOG experience a plus
Hazmat certification a plus
Experience with all requisite compliance and regulatory requirements
Education: Industry related degree and/or certification
Transportation Knowledge of principles and methods for moving freight or goods by air rail sea or road including the relative costs and benefits.
Customer and Personal Service Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Public Safety and Security Knowledge of relevant equipment policies procedures and strategies to promote effective local state or national security operations for the protection of people data property and institutions.
Mathematics Knowledge of arithmetic algebra geometry calculus statistics and their applications.
English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words rules of composition and grammar.
Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying taking time to understand the points being made asking questions as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions conclusions or approaches to problems.
Negotiation Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Time Management Managing ones own time and the time of others.
Complex Problem Solving Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Social Perceptiveness Being aware of others reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Coordination Adjusting actions in relation to others actions.
Judgment and Decision Making Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Monitoring Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself other individuals or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Reading Comprehension Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Service Orientation Actively looking for ways to help people.
Oral Comprehension The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Oral Expression The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Written Comprehension The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
Speech Clarity The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Near Vision The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Problem Sensitivity The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem only recognizing there is a problem.
Speech Recognition The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
Written Expression The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
Deductive Reasoning The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Inductive Reasoning The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Desktop computers
- Facsimile machines
- Laptop computers
- Special purpose telephones
- Multi-line telephone systems
- Compliance software
- Electronic mail software
- Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Warehouse management system WMS software
- Customer resource management CRM software
- Logistics and supply chain software (CargoWise ediEnterprise)
- Microsoft Excel and other office applications
PGL Company Overview
The following jobs have been promoted on the Aviation Ad Network and are to be considered - current, newsworthy aviation employment information (FYI). No guarantee is made as to the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of any information, projections or opinions in announcements obtained through the promoted jobs. The information contained in this announcement is compiled for the convenience of site visitors and is accepted by the site visitor on the condition that errors or omissions are not the responsibility of Avjobs and shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause of action. Please visit this companys web site for additional details and information. Please reference Avjobs when applying.