First Officer Featured
- Job ID
First Officer job at PSA Airlines in OH
Description, duties, responsibilities
• Location: All
• Work Schedule / Shift: Varies
• Reports To: Chief Pilot
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: None (NOTE: Commuter allowance allotted)
• Travel: Extensive travel required for this position
Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared professional excellence is expected and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe secure and happy. It is The PSA Way which focuses on our goals safety respect preparedness professional excellence and passion. This foundation reflects how we think act and communicate with one another and our customers.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance Short and Long-term Disability Flexible Spending Plan (FSA) and supplementary options
As a First Officer you will directly impact PSA Airlines inflight operations; ensuring that our customers arrive at their destination safely and on time.
The First Officer is required to call the Captains attention to any deviation from regulations Company policy or safe operating practices.
• Compliance with Company and FAA procedures directives and regulations affecting the proposed flight.
• Performing the duties of the Second-in-Command (SIC) in accordance with Company Standardization Program.
• Aiding the Captain in preflight preparation as appropriate.
• Perform a visual preflight (walk-around) inspection prior to each flight.
• Perform a visual post-flight inspection after each flight.
• Assuming secondarily all responsibilities of the Captain and in the event the Captain becomes incapacitated full responsibility of the Captain.
• Performing such other duties as may be directed by the Captain.
• Must have necessary hours and qualifications under the ATP requirements or the restricted ATP requirements
• 25 Hours Multi-Engine required (Must be actual aircraft time. Flight Simulator time does NOT count.) (FAR 61.159)
• FCC Restricted Radio Operators Permit
• First Class Medical
• Valid Passport
(NOTE: candidates may apply if they are within 3 months of meeting the minimum qualifications for immediate employment)
To be successful at PSA you should be:
To be successful in this position you should be great at:
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Problem solving
• Strategic Thinking
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers telephones photocopiers facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 and pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race color creed religion sex (including pregnancy gender identity and sexual orientation) national origin citizenship status age disability genetic information protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requisition ID: 2019-1787
PSA Airlines Company Overview
PSA Airlines operates an all-jet fleet consisting of exclusively Bombardier regional jet aircraft. We have an incredible team of more than 3900 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Headquartered in Dayton Ohio PSA also has flight crew bases located in Dayton Cincinnati Ohio Knoxville Tennessee Washington D.C. Charlotte North Carolina Philadelphia Pennsylvania and Norfolk Virginia. PSA has maintenance facilities in Akron-Canton Airport (CAK) Charlotte-Douglas International Airport (CLT) Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) Norfolk International Airport (ORF) Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV)Pensacola Florida (PNS) and Dayton International Airport (DAY). PSA operates 35 Bombardier CRJ200 aircraft 41 Bombardier CRJ700 aircraft and 54 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft. The airline expects to add additional aircraft bringing its fleet count to 150.